Advice 20: Don't Be Shocked When Unbelivers Don't Believe

"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is the power of God to us who are being saved."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:18‬ ‭CSB‬‬

I was reading a post on Reddit yesterday where people were asking questions about waiting till marriage and both unbelievers and Christians stated their beliefs. I was shocked by the amount of Christians who tried to twist scripture for their own benefit and claim that the Bible doesn't condemn premarital acts. Obviously this is a controversial topic for some so I will not argue about it. I think I'm just more concerned about the fact that people will literally twist whatever words they can to justify what they do instead of just admitting that we all make mistakes sometimes and all find it hard to follow the Bible. I am not judging those people on Reddit. I prayed for them and I honestly hope that those who said they were Christian will not feel pressured. A lot of them were saying basically they don't think they're worth the wait but that is not true at all. You are worth it and you will find someone who will love you just as you are. There are so many Christians out there who are waiting too. I know I'm going a bit off point right now lol. But basically the point I'm making is that there were a lot of unbelievers in the chat that seemed to be trying to change the views of the Christians there. It made me upset kind of because we have the right to believe what we want but at the same time I completely understand that if you grow up in a non-religious home, it might be annoying for you to hear about certain things like waiting till marriage. My advice to Christians is that we should not be shocked when the world does not agree with us. It is not supposed to.  1 Corinthians 1:18 says, "For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is the power of God to us who are being saved."‬‬ They don't believe in the same God that we do and that's okay. Don't try to force anyone to understand you or see your POV if they don't want to. Just pray for them and respect their views. We cannot change anyone, only God can.