Karaoke

Wednesday: 10:00 pm

You make your way up to your room quietly. Your room is dark and seems empty. You close your door and then fall to the ground. You can't help but cry and feel broken. Tears run down your face as the image of them kissing plays over and over again in your mind. You feel like someone had just ripped out your heart and stepped on it. You hold your chest feeling like you can't breathe. You try not to make a sound since your family was sleeping. You glance over to the window that held so many memories, from the floor you could only see the top part of Kuroo's window, but still, it makes you cry more. You make your way to the bed, only to feel someone already there. Kenma.

You see Kenma also crying and wrapped up in your blankets. "Kenma?" you ask.

Kenma doesn't respond. He sits up slowly, stares at the wall in front of him, and tries to breathe. He wipes his tears and says, "I'm still a second choice...". He continues to cry this time he puts his head in this hands. 

"What?" you ask confused as you sit beside him on the bed and rub his back. 

Kenma leans into you, to which you just cradle him in your arms. "Shoyo and I got into a fight because it's obvious he'd still pick Kageyama,"

"Did Hinata say that?" you ask.

"N-no but... it's obvious," Kenma says.

"Kenma you can't assume that he doesn't love you and would pick Kageyama... just give him another chance to explain," you say encouragingly.

"Okay, but right now I just want to let it out," he says.

"Okay, me too," you say starting to cry again.

"I saw Kuroo kissing Alisa..." you finally say. It hurts to say out loud.

"What??" Kenma says shocked.

"They were kissing.." you say weakly.

"Did you let him explain?" Kenma says.

"...no," you say quietly. There was a moment of silence until you both look at each other and giggle.

"Okay well then I guess we're both stupid," Kenma says, "Don't worry I've got plans for us for the weekend.."

You looked at him confused but he doesn't respond and instead just lay down and starts to sleep on your bed. "Sure sleepover, that's fine.." you say rolling your eyes and laying down beside him. 

Timeskip: Saturday, 4:45 pm

You haven't really interacted with Kuroo since his birthday. You still walk to school with him and Kenma and talk with him, you're still best friends after all. But you've just been kind of distant. Today you dressed up in a bad bitch outfit and went out with Kenma, Kuroo, and a few other people. Kenma's plan was to go to a karaoke bar and show Kuroo and Hinata what they'd be missing. You guys get to the karaoke bar and pay for a private room. Everyone sits down and starts putting songs to sing on the queue. Kenma stands in front of the screen where the lyrics are shown and looks nervous. He looks over at you shaking his head slightly, telling you he can't do it. You just give him a confident smirk and a thumbs up. Kenma stands there waiting for the song to start... when it does he sounds a bit shy at first. Until he looks around the room to see Bokuto cheering him on, Oikawa clapping and cheering "YAS GET IT! SHOW THAT BITCH WHO YOU ARE!!!". Kenma starts to loosen up and sways to the beat. He then starts to dance a little provocatively until he really starts to feel the music (bad bitch music ofc). The song gets to a part where it's perfect timing for Kenma to go up to Hinata, sit on his lap, and bring his face closer to Hinata's, grabbing his face and tracing out Hinata's jawline with his finger, leaving him flustered. He teases and then gets off to finish the song. Of course, being petty, Kenma doesn't sit beside Hinata, but instead across the room from him, smirking. Everyone is in shock by what just happened because that was the first time they saw that side of Kenma.

"Your turn Y/N," Suga says. 

You go up awkwardly and grab the mic. You stand there nervous because everyone is watching you... including Kuroo who you haven't really talked to in the last two days. The song starts to play and you shake off your stage fright. You gain confidence remembering the whole purpose of why you're doing this. You sing each lyric perfectly and start to dance showing off your curves. You turn to Kuroo who looks red and you look him up and down slowly. You make sure he knows what you're doing, which leaves him speechless. Everyone notices your confidence and decides to feed it more.

"OUU Y/N!! SHOW HIM WHAT HE'S MISSING IN THE BED!" Bokuto yells.

"PERIOD BITCH! GET THAT DIC-" Oikawa yells, but only to be interrupted by Suga.

"YOU GO, HONEY!" Suga encourages. He turns to Bokuto and Oikawa and says, "Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you two?"

You continue to dance and sing until the song is over. You honestly don't care whether you did well or not, you just know you got your point across to Kuroo. You do what Kenma does and sit across the room from Kuroo. You and Kenma give each other a subtle fist bump as you both look at the flustered and most likely sexually frustrated boys in front of you. You won. Kuroo just stares at you in shock from what just happened. You decided that it should be okay for you to say something about the situation since you feel bad. So you text him.

DING! Kuroo's phone goes off because he received a text. He snaps out of his intense stare on you and glances at his phone. 

Kuroo's Text POV: 

My Chibi-chan:)<3

My Chibi-chan: At least close your mouth... wouldn't want you drooling everywhere now would we? ;)

Kuroo doesn't even respond to you. You can tell how frustrated he is just by the way he's blushing and looking frantically around the room. He finally looks at you again making eye contact. He's still in shock and starts to shake his knee. You look at him and give him an innocent smile acting like you didn't know what you did. By the way you smiled, it sent Kuroo that exact message, which you thought would push him over more, but it only causes him to lean back, turning his once dumb-founded face into a devilish grin, and then winks at you. 

'Oh shit' you think to yourself.

-End of Chapter 20-