Chapter 27 Seriously?

Partner in crime is a very elaborate way to explain this particular person. Cause this person is a mixture of two complete opposite ends of the pole, eventhough they are my senior in terms of experience.

But there are too many instances for me to count to where I saved that person's ass.

But I should tone down my pride, cause there are not so many but a good amount where this person was my knight in shining amour.

Dr.Walter, is the person, I was talking about. He is just one of a kind, to be honest, he is the person who taught me the out of the textbook skills.

Which is very much important than pure book knowledge in our field. Sure, he is very knowledgeable too, the way he finds the diagnosis with mere history, is still a skill many renowned doctors are still struggling.

Also, he is the guy who treated my grandmom rightly and is always available to the patients any time of the day. He is really a big inspiration for me. Please, don't tell him, cause it will just inflate his already big ego.

I take a familiar turn and slowly a double store, suburb home comes into my view. This place is like my home, when I started as an intern,  this place used to be one of the places,I felt sane and at peace.

I stand in front of the door way, where my nostrils are blessed to smell fresh roses from the nearby bushes. Thanks to Mrs.Walter aka Rosie.

Such a sweetheart, cause I don't think so there is anyone in this world that can keep him under control than her. Though he has his flirtatious side, which always comes up irrespective of her presence.

She always takes it light and jokes about it and moves on. They are such goals to be honest!

So back to her name, I know it's so cliche, but like the roses she loves to plant and her name is, she is so pretty. Mind you, like the thorns in rose, her fierce and calculative side comes from her profession.

She is the captain of the LAPD 4, she is such an influential person, but I am still awe struck of her down to earth and carefree attitude.

The door opens reveling the angel herself with bright smile, donned in an apron and whisk in the other hand.

She welcomes me with the usual bear hug of hers. I smile and tell her, "Rosie, I miss you too! But I can't breathe. Time out!"

She laughs loudly and drags me to the kitchen. I see the twins, Ava and Ella, two devils in disguise unlike their mom.

They both are smiling at me evilly and the moment I enter the kitchen, after their twin thingy actions, which truly terrifies me to this date.

The next thing I know I am being awarded by flour being thrown all over me.

After being covered with flour, I couldn't help to control my calm demeanor. All I could hear, the constant apologies from Rosie and screams, I start running around the house following the little devils.

I stop, as they both stop screaming and now are smiling their classic evil smile. But the different thing right now is that, they are being joined by another person, who is carrying them both proudly.

Who is the person I am in search of, Dr. Benjamin Walter aka Benji.

"Benji, leave those two devils right now to me, I have to take my revenge on them."

He chuckles, his hold tightening on them, as they both hug their father dearly and place their heads on his shoulders.

I couldn't help but smile, but my mind was calculating the revenge plan.

"Emmy darling, I know you are a child at heart but doesn't mean you can fight and run around the house like a child too. Also, what is this concoction, why are u covered in flour. Is it the new trend going around here?" He asks knowingly.

With a scowl, I reply, "Ask your kids, Walter!"

He laughs and puts them down and asks them to help their mom. He turns to me and directs me to the washroom.

Cursing looking at my reflection, I start to clean the flour off my dress. Thank god it was black, the water stains were not visible.

My hair was a whole another story though, I just ended up putting water all over and now I am make up free with nest hair.

Feeling so pretty (note the sarcasm), I walk back to the kitchen. To my relief, the kids's sleep time came.

Benji laughs loudly seeing my expression and hands over the envelope to me.

I take from his hands eagerly and when I was about to open, I look at the time.

I take a back for a second cause I have only twenty minutes more. Screaming 'see you later!' I run towards my car.

Getting in, I open the next envelope,

"When you need them, they appear in front of you, if you called them or not. They always think about you and your family. They are there because of you people, they are for you people!(genie in disguise)

I laugh at the contents in the bracket and go to that one place, whose directions I know by heart.

I still remember the day, I packed from my childhood house and moved to my own house when I became a resident.

With my duty hours being all over the place. My mom and dad, who were being persistent to be awake to make sure I had food and slept. I felt like I was becoming a burden to them.

So one fine day, I had a talk with them. For sure, they didn't accept it in the beginning. I mean I don't blame them, I was moving within the state, which was ridiculous to them.

But, after hours of pleading and bargaining, they gave their green signal and I happily moved to my new house, few streets from them.

About the person, I have to meet from the clue is someone whose relationship with me dates back to the time I was born.

Mr.Charles, our dear butler, from England with a killer accent. He was with my parents since when they bought our home back in the days.

To be honest, our house wouldn't be called home without him. The way he remembers and takes cares of us and our house is beyond our imagination.

He is loved by all the other helpers too, eventhough he is their head. They all live together in their quarters. He is a good leader to them as well as a loyal helper to us.

As I enter our driveway, I see Mr.Charles waiting for me. Having no time to get down and pass pleasantries.

He simply smiles at my state and hands me the envelope and compliments me, eventhough I look like a shit right now.

I was about to tear it open, when my phone pings,

"Girl, your time is up!"

Hitting the steering to vent out my frustration. I ignore the notification and open the envelope,

"Come to mama!"

Are you kidding me bruh?

___________________________
Hello guys!

I am so sorry! This might look like a filler chapter. But I just wanted to give some insight about some characters.

So, how are you guys?

I will try to update more regularly! Try is the key word😔

Be safe! Wear your masks! Get vaccinated if you are eligible!