Chapter 10 Help

Shout out to Suppa_RV Thanks for voting!
I sit down in my office and skim through the case sheets. My mind wanders off to the scene where thousands of people were out of my house, screaming and demanding for answers. I thank my security guards to safeguard the property and guide me safely aways from the prying individuals.

Amanda walks in with a smile and reads of her phone "Young dashing James Carter's sex scandal released. What's the fate of his engagement with Emma Thompson. Is it fake or not?"
I cut her off saying "Not you too, let's talk about something shall we."
She chuckles and puts her phone in the back pocket and sits on the chair, folding her hands and motioning me to speak up.
I shrug my shoulders and go back to my files. She taps her nails on the table and I shake my head and say "Not today Amanda, I am sorry to keep you in the dark. But give me a day or two and by the way I am traveling today to home."
She looked at me and shakes  her head and says "Grandma?"
I nod my head and stand up from my seat and say "Yeah, so please reschedule the surgeries or be a darling and do it for me. Will ya?"

She nods her head and says "Aye aye Captain!"
And we laugh together and I say "Ok my flight is leaving in 2 hours, gotta go bye!"
She waves me back and I start sprinting out of the hospital, that's when I noticed a small group of press standing outside the gate. I laugh at my pathetic situation and run back into the hospital and find Amanda leisurely sipping coffee from her cup. And stands up looking at my frantic state.
I heave out air and words from my mouth. She just stands there dumbfounded. And I take a deep breath and say her "Car keys now!"
She immediately throws at me and I catch them and rush into the elevator and dodge away the press, and I mentally thank Amanda for her dark windows.
******
After 1 hour of packing I put my luggage into the car and start my journey to the airport.
As I was running towards my terminal with my boarding pass, as I already online checked in.
I find a group of people engulf me and bombard me with mikes and questions.
Thank the airport security they secluded me from the hungry press.

I call my dad in despair. He picks up the phone in one ring. I say "Dad I need your help."
After listening to my breakdown of events. My dad hums in response and say "Emma I have an idea. Listen to it properly then take your decision. Ok?"
I breathe out a yes. And he continues "What if...you borrow James jet?"
I say "What dad? Are you out of your mind! He is the reason why I am running away. He is one who put me in this uncomfortable situation."
Though my mind counterpart saying that it's my fault in first place I push away the thought and listen to my dad saying "Emma I know, but think about your grandma. This is our only option. Please dear, I am not going to force you. Just think about it. Bye!"

The line goes dead, so is my mind.
I contemplate for a while and give out a cry of despair and take my phone and press the call. I laugh at my phone looking at the caller id that reads "Devil in disguise".
The phone rings for a while and I cut the call thinking why did I even think that he would answer my call. After what I had done to him.

I walk into Starbucks and when I was about to place the order. My phone starts ringing and I excuse myself and attend the call with a smile.
But my smile quickly turns into a frown when I hear a grumpy voice say "What Thompson? Called to apologise! I am not up for any childish games of yours!"
I was about to cut the call, when my grandma flashed before my eyes and I control my anger and say "James please, let's keep away our arguments out for a while can you?"
I hear him sigh and I continue "See I need to borrow your private jet to Atlanta, today? What do you say?"

I bite my lip waiting for a reply and he says "No!" And the line goes dead.

I control myself from hitting my head on the nearby wall. And think why did I even call him in first place.

I was about to leave the airport, when my phone rings again. I am shocked to see the id and I attend to him say "Fine, I heard Grandma is not well, I am doing this for her."
I was about to thank him. But I am cut off my him saying "But you have to give me the original video, which you morphed my picture. And to along my side in the press meet day after tomorrow. What say?"

I shake in anger and I was about to scream into the phone when he says "Emma it's your call, I don't need your help. You need mine remember? So accept the damn offer and my flight incharge would contact you in a minute."

I contemplate for a while when I hear his annoying voice say "Clock is ticking and I don't have the entire day waiting for your reply."
I huff out air and say "Ok fine, deal I will send you once I reach Atlanta."

I can sense him smirking in the other side and I grind my teeth in helplessness when he says " Before that I have one more offer?"
"James please this is too much ok?"
He chuckles and says "One last one Ms.Impatient!"
I wait for him to say and he says "Tell James is the most sexiest man I have ever seen!"
And I just stand there open mouthed and say "Nice try dude! Better luck next time."
I hear his deep booming laughter and I cut the call and involuntarily a smile forms in face and I wait for the incharge person to come. And hope James keeps his word.
________________________________
Hey guys
Hope you liked this chapter
Vote and comment