Chapter 11 Surprise

It has been an hour since I talked with James, losing all hope. I was about to call my travel agent. When my phone pings and I find a message from James.
Rolling my eyes I open to find a number followed by a wink emoji and the word "sorry". If only I could punch a person through phone.
I call the person and then he assured me he would have the necessary done and in 5 minutes I was accompanied by a very beautiful lady.

She looked prim proper with her long blonde hair in a perfect ponytail that bounces every-time she turns. And is wearing a fitted tailored suit.
I look down at my dress and mentally cringe why I didn't put some thought into it.
To my defense I had no idea I would be traveling in a private jet. And I am doctor who works 24/7, I can't be dressed all the time. Give me a time out!

I try to smoothen the wrinkles on my white blouse and pray that I don't look like a hobo. A girl can hope right?
She directs me into a lounge that reads VVIP ONLY! and let me just tell you, it screamed James. It's black and gold interior with gold accents everywhere. And is that a buffet.
To my utter surprise there is a chef, and all the things around me scream I am expensive don't touch me.
So I place my luggage on the waiting area and I walk towards the washroom.

I am again awestruck it looks like a 5 star hotel. See I have been around riches and have seen fair amount of insane rich people.
But James is a whole new level.
There is a swimming pool! Like who goes for a swim in airport.
And the view is amazing, there is a huge window that shows countless of airplanes parked.
I wash my face with some face wash that I am sure costs fortune. And look myself at the mirror. I really looked like a truck ran over my face. I know a little harsh. But there are dark eye bags under my eyes that's the result of countless sleepless nights. And my hair looks like a bird's nest.

After brushing my hair and smoothening it down and I slapped on some moisturizer that looked fancy as hell. I rubbed the lip balm on my chapped lips. I looked a little presentable now.

I walk out to find the model looking lady from the earlier whose name is Rose, she smiles at me showing her perfect white teeth. She asks "Miss. Thompson would you like to have something?"
I shake my head and thank her. She nods her head and leaves.
I sit down and open up my laptop and go through some case sheets.

After an hour or so, a middle aged man who looks like a cartoon character, runs through the door and comes hastily looking around. He comes up to me and starts apologizing profusely.

I try to tell him it's ok but he just shakes his head and says "Sorry mam the pilot was out of town and there was an issue with the engine, I am so sorry for the excuses. Mr. Carter would fire me if he comes to know about this. Will you please not let him know about this? I am a family man I have 2 children. I really need this job......"
Before I could console him. I hear a firm deep voice say "I guess it's a little to late to tell your sob story Mr. Mathew. I will have your termination letter be emailed to you by the afternoon. Thanks for your service."

There comes my cold hearted fiancé. I shake my head and bite my tongue preventing me from talking something, cause it's none of my business. So I give an apologetic look at Mr. Mathew who looks like he has seen the ghost.
He drops his head down and walks away. I shake my head and look up to James. When I was about to open my mouth he says "Not now Emma, I have heard a lot. I don't want to hear you saying you don't have to be so harsh or it's so rude. Blah blah... and by the way surprise. I know you didn't expect my company!"
I give him a look and I say "Please don't flatter yourself, I don't care what you do! Or about your employees. All I want to know is why are you here? And where is the goddamn flight?"
He smirks at my reply, he looks a little taken aback but says "Oh there is my feisty fiancé! I missed you! Come give me a hug my little bundle of joy." And opens up his arms and closes his eyes.

I roll my eyes and take up my trolley and start leaving the lounge. My way is suddenly interrupted by a tall annoying man who I don't want to have any business with at the moment but is clearly not getting the idea.

I try to shove him over. But he just stands there like a rock. I shake my head in despair and say "James please I am not in the mood right now. I have already wasted 2 hours in this stupid situation. I will get the early flight tomorrow or just drop the idea of meeting my grandma. Please let me go!"
I try to hide the crack at the end of sentence. But it just escapes out of my mouth and I can feel a lone tear go past my cheeks. I brush it off and look up at James. His eyes are darkened and there is some emotion written all over his face, if I don't know about him I would say it's concern but knowing James, I push off the thought. And say "So James please stop being a pain in the ass and just leave me alone. And thanks for teaching me a lesson to ever never ask you a favor."

But before I could go away he catches my wrist and says "Where are you going missy we have a flight to go to! So shall we!"
I was about to shake of his hand but suddenly a picture of my grandma flickers in front of me. I throw my head down and nod my head.

I can feel a hand under my chin and my face is raised to face the devil himself who is sure suffering from mental disorder. He says "Hey I am a good company, don't worry I will entertain you the entire journey. If you know what I mean." And he scrunches up his face and makes a funny face. And raises his eyebrows in suggestive manner.
It was very hard to control my chuckle I give out a low laugh and he instantly gives me a full blown smile and says "There you go! Keep up the beautiful smile will ya? I don't like cry babies." And he intertwines his fingers along with mine and drags me out of the lounge with a playful smile on his face.
It's the first time I don't feel like to castrate him. I know weird right?

__________________________
Thank you my lovely readers for giving this book 500+ reads.
Please Vote and comment.
Love ya!