Chatpter 3 Generation pact?

Oh boy, I am furious is understatement. I can't keep up with fake smiles and holding hands with a stranger who is is my fiancé now!

I have been dodging the questions on How we met? And is constantly telling I am not pregnant to numerous people.
Even I can feel James being tired of it.
So I excuse us and turn to him and say "Did you know?"

He shook his head and looked at our parents who were then looking at us but turned their heads like a small boy caught red hand stealing cookies.
I shake my head and held my hands in a fist and wait for the night to get over.
****
Now I am currently sitting in the living room of our house, I have my heels removed and is massaging my own feet. I say "What the hell?"
I am backed up be James who says "Pact?"
My mom nods her head and says "Yes children, generation pact. Your great great grandfathers were best friends they wanted their children to get married and have the bond to be sting forever. But all these years there a no boy girl on each of the families having proper age gap. And there some years where there was no boy and girl.
So finally after all these years here we are. Though we always have been friends with their family. But never a marriage had taken place with them."
My dad says "You guys have to be proud of yourself as you guys are finally fulfilling your grandpa's wish!"
I shake my head and say "But this sounds ridiculous, you could have said this in person rather than announcing at the party!"
That's when James dad intersects and says "Yes but we were afraid of your reactions and we really wanted this to happen. So now since the word is out. You guys have no choice but to accept it."
I get up and can feel the pain shoot through my body both mentally and physically. I turn to this man who calls himself a dad and says "We are your children not a business deal!"
I turned to my parents and say "Best birthday gift mom and dad"
And clap my hands and run out of the house to my car.
After getting into the car, the waterfall begin and I start sobbing so hard. I can hear my phone vibrate and can see my mom's name splatters on the car's display. But I press decline and start my car and leave the place.
****
I am still sobbing but with my Ben and Jerry's in my hot tub with some random make up videos going in the screen.
I soak till I hear my phone ring, I see it's Emily and pick up the call she says "Girl where are you, what are you doing you just vanished from your own party and what's up with marrying that hunk?"
I control my sob and say "Can you come to my home Emily? I will explain."
***
"Ok what?let me get this clear what generation pact?" Emily says
I nod my head. She continues "Emma just run out of this country right now they have become mad officially. I don't know your parents were that dumb."
I shake my head and say "Hey don't say like that. They are just too blind into this pact. I just have to talk with them when Mr. Carter is not around and voila I get my life back.
She nods her head and says "I wish Em. You can do it don't worry."
My phone goes off that time. It was an unknown number so I thought it was from the hospital. I take it and the other line said "No time for pleasantries your grandma had a heart attack and we are going to your hospital. By the way it's James here."

I drop my phone into the pool and jump out of it and start running for my life.
I reached the hospital in 10 minutes, officially my phone is not working and I am in a coverup thrown over my swimsuit and it's freezing.
I go up straight to the receptionist and she says "Hey Emma sorry for you grandma she is in the room 313."
I nod my head and go in to the staff elevator and wait to teach there.
I barge into the room and there she lays with numerous needles pierced and her face pale. She tried to remove her oxygen mask but I stop her from doing so and check the sheet to see it's indeed a heart attack but we had her check up done 1 month back and everything was normal.
Just then my colleague Dr. Walter enters he is in his early 30's and boy if he didn't have a beautiful wife and cut little twins I would have banged his ass for sure.
Pushing away there thoughts I turn to him and say "What the hell happened here Walter? I got her checked last month."
He says "Hello to you too pretty lady and happy birthday. It's due to stress darling she is 72 years old we can't predict anything about her body now. Though she is very cautious about her health and all. She seems to be stressed now, her bp levels have short up than usual. So please..."
He turned to my parents and said "Keep away all bad energy in the house, make sure she is properly rested everyday and follow her diet and these are the medications. Emma be a darling and buy those?"
I nod my head but Emily best me to and take me the sheet and goes away.

Before Walter left he said "Emma though it's your off duty time coming to hospital in beach clothes, trying to seduce me huh?"
I laugh at his attempt to lighten the moment I say "Why it's not working?"
He laughs and says "Take care of grandma and I will let Julie know for sure what you said."
"I know she trusts me more than you!"
He tells "Touché" and leaves. I hear clearing of throat and I turn to see my parents, Mr. Carter and James.
And boy the looks on their faces is not good. And all are having disgusted look etched on their faces especially the Carters.
I love my life. Seriously?
________________________________
Hey guys another chapter.
Hope you like it.
vote and comment!