Chapter 5. For the Sake of Justice

Willow was waiting for Lucilline at the school building's gates.

When she saw the figure of her Young Master, a bright smile fleeted across her face. Willow greeted Lucilline with a curtsy, "Young Master, shall we head back to the residence?"

Instead, she was given a wet sweater and leather bag. The soaked contents were unbearably cold, as if they'd been thrown inside an iceberg then taken out again. Willow tried to resist the current of shudders that wavered in her heart. She wondered how could her Young Master not possibly show a single expression of dissatisfaction on his face...

However, there were no wavelengths on Lucilline's face. He treated the clothes as if they were merely dirty laundry... as if they weren't as cold as the arctic.

"...what happened at school, Young Master?" Willow was dumbfounded.

Lucilline arched an eyebrow. "Took a swim in the water fountain."

Willow, "..." Did you take the leather bag for a swim as well?

Lucilline understood what thoughts were brewing in her mind, so he corrected her, "It was an accident."

Willow fell silent, which meant she understood. The young nobleman and maidservant walked down the street together, side by side. Their heels clicked and clacked at the pavement ground. The pair of two continued their way back to the Rubius manor, but before they were even close to arriving, Lucilline came to a sudden stop.

"...Young Master?" Willow questioned. She came to a stop as well.

She stole a glance at what her Young Master was looking at...

Lucilline was facing the glass window of a jewelry store, which displayed a beautiful necklace. A large gem of  gold was strung in the centre of the necklace. The necklace was beautiful... so beautiful that it must be in Duke Rubius' jewelry collection!

"You want to gift this to Duke Rubius?" Willow asked.

Lucilline hesitated. For a moment there, Willow felt like she saw her Young Master struggling with his inner self. A flash of sadness was visible in his golden eyes... but it disappeared in the next second.

"It's fine. I just thought that it looked nice." He said that, but didn't take his eyes off the necklace. Lucilline pressed a palm to the glass window. He stared dreamily at the golden necklace. His gaze was so soft that if time would stop right there, the entire world would be rotated around him. He would be the centre of the world's attention. Willow wished that she could just forever live in this moment.

"THIEF!!!" Suddenly, an abrupt cry had ruined the entire scenario.

A woman dressed in an emerald green summer dress had clutched her chest, chasing after a man covered in back clothing. The man had stolen the woman's leather wallet, which was stuffed with many silver coins. His eyes were bloodshot from nerves as he ran. He bypassed several other panicking people.

Once the woman cried out for help, people found themselves watching the chase from the sidelines. Unfortunately, the woman was too slow. She couldn't catch up to the thief, and panted heavily.

Lucilline arched an eyebrow at the scene.

He couldn't afford to look at how tragic the woman was anymore. However, he also didn't have the energy and passion to actually help. Therefore, he just stood there and watched the commotion riling up.

All of a sudden, another cry came out of the blue. "Get out of the way!"

Lucilline was surprised when he saw a familiar figure.

[BL] The Darling Villainजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें