Chapter 37. The Demon in His Dreams

Lucilline had changed back to his black suit attire.

He abandoned the white blouse and crimson red skirt, neatly piling it up with the other hung dresses in the store. Percival did not dare to peek, afraid that he might offend the black-haired nobleman. "Well, we can now discuss." Lucilline coughed.

He straightened the hem of his suit, "Just why were you being chased?"

Percival rubbed his high-arched nose.

He felt a little embarrassed, "Ever since the incident at S Academy, my father... he prohibited me from leaving the residence. I was quite rebellious, and decided to sneak out. However, I am not the best at sneaking, and may have alerted a few of the butlers."

Lucilline just let out an "ahh", and nodded along.

Not only commoners were anxious about the demons, but even people with high nobility like Grand Duke Delta was also.

"I don't dare to return now." Percival lowered his head, guiltily admitting that he hadn't thought too much of it before leaving. "I'm afraid that father might be furious with me..."

Lucilline's eyes squinted.

He pulled at the corners of his lips, smiling, "You don't have to go back."

Percival: ???

He coughed, "Then... where..."

*****

Percival was sent to the same inn where Azalea and Daphnne lived in. The brown-haired nobleman was stunned, but grew accustomed to it. He entered the inn, deciding to move in for the temporary being.

Lucilline had bid him farewell, then left to continue finding a suitable jewelry piece.

He skipped near the stores, with his eyes skimming past every type of shop. Soon enough, Lucilline had purchased a few necklaces, feeling quite pleased with himself. Father will surely enjoy today's purchase! Just imagining the potential of Grand Duke's good mood, the black-haired nobleman couldn't help but add a little hop to his skip.

All of a sudden, the sound of urgent sounds sailed from the horizon—

"What's that sound?" Lucilline's eyebrows furrowed, and his good mood had vanished, like a small balloon which had popped into nothing.

He decided to inch closer to the sound.

It sounded like a commotion was going on... near a high-rising building...

At a closer look, Lucilline recognized the building. It was the Central base of the Holy Church Organization. The building was shaped like a general church, but decorated in grand accessories and expensive embellishments. A giant golden cross hung from the top of the high-end rooftop.

Normally, some civilians would wander outside and worship to the cross. The entire Holy Church Organization was recognized as a divine association.

However, this time clearly differed.

"The Church is a scam! They won't protect us from the demons!" A woman screamed. She carried a wooden sign, with the words CHURCH = REAL ADEMONS smeared in black marker. The ink on the wood seemed to drip down the sign, like a disgusting thing staining nature's products.

"You promised that you'd protect us!" A rally of onset protests had roared, crashing like waves upon the empty shoreline.

"We're all going to die because of you!" Glass shattered. Protestors began to throw their belongings at the windows, resulting in an ultimate current of crashes. "We demand to see the Head Priest! We demand for explanations! Is it secure in Lydia Kingdom? Have the demons been tracked down yet? Are you truly capable of protecting us?"