7. escape

PART 2

Royalty AU 
Remeber the future King George and Dream the cat burglar? They're back -- this time, Dream "kidnaps" George at his coronation and they run to Dream's cottage far from the Castle. [fluff, angst]

"This is insanity," I whispered. Sapnap yanked on the rope again.

"This is your idea," he muttered. I held in a yelp as the rope tightened even more around my waist.

"Doesn't mean it's not insanity." Sapnap just grunted.

I peered down from the balcony. George was walking up the long aisle, his head held high. His brothers and sister were in the pews, their smiles nearly blinding from pride and excitement. I almost didn't want to go through with this; his family would be terribly disappointed and upset.

But I waited for the Priest to crown him. As I waited, I wrapped a piece of cloth around the lower half of my face and drew and arrow from my quiver. Just as the Priest began to talk, I nodded at Sapnap, and jumped.

Gasps filled the room as I landed behind the Priest. He turned and backed away, his hands raised. Wilbur stood and drew his sword, ready to defend his brother, but I aimed my bow and arrow at him. He stood still.

I shot the arrow at a wall, looped the bow over my shoulder, and grabbed George by the waist. Sapnap used the pulley to pull us back up just as Wilbur and a few members of the Royal Guard ran towards us.

"Dream, arrows!" George whisper-shouted. The Guards had pulled out their own bow and arrows, and were shooting. One barely missed my head as Sapnap helped George over the top of the balcony.

"Get them!" Wilbur bellowed from below. I hurried over the edge of the balcony and cut the rope off my waist with a few quick strokes if my dagger.

"C'mon!" I said to George as I pulled the cloth off. We ran through a door and got onto the roof. "We have to walk along the edge," I told him. He nodded and began carefully walking along the side of the roof.

We managed to get to the stables, where we both got on Spirit, George's things strapped on the side of the saddle.

The wind whistled in our ears as Spirit lead us out of the castle grounds and through the village. Their hooves pounded on the bricks of the streets, heading to the gate. Just before we darted under the arch, an arrow whizzed just above our heads. George yelped.

I heard a distant, "don't shoot! That's George!" I sighed.

"They're here."

"Thank you for that terrific observation," he muttered. "They're closing in. Can Spirit go any faster?"

"They're not a machine," I grumbled under my breath, but hit them lightly with my heel. They whinnied and sped up. I could hear the loud pounding of more horses at least 10 meters behind us. Maybe 8 meters.

"How many horses are there?" I asked.

"Uh," George paused. "At least 10."

I groaned. "Hold on." I felt his arms wind around my abdomen, sending all kinds of sparks through me. I shook my head and steered Spirit on a hard right. They snorted but kept going. They were used to this. The hard chases and the running. The constant running.

"Dream, Wilbur is less than 8 meters away," George said worriedly. I chewed the inside of my cheek. I only had a few options left.

"Would you mind if I inflicted pain on your brother?" I asked.

"No pain."

"Okay. Um..."

I tapped Spirit's head twice to let them know I wasn't holding the reins anymore. I rooted through my satchel, looking for my message orb. When I found it, I had to send a quick message that probably wouldn't sound like English from the constant wind.