18. prom night

Prom AU
Dream and George are in love. But both of them are too enfatuated to realise their feelings are reciprocated. Fortunately -- or unfortunately, depending how you look at it -- everyone around them can tell. So, a few nudges, a fake promposal, a broken bone, and an explosion later, and the two of them are dancing happily at prom. [fluff] 

CW// explosion, broken bone

[Sapnap's POV]

I swear to god, these idiots are going to KILL ME.

[Dream's POV]

I sigh and stare longingly at George. His tongue pokes out of the side of his mouth as he focuses on the math homework, something he does when he's super hyperfocused. 

I rest my head in my hand and watch him. His eyes narrow at his paper as his pencil flies furiously over the page. Next to me, Sapnap types angrily on his phone.

Unlike George, Sapnap is actually angry.

"What's wrong?" I ask, hesitantly pulling my gaze away from George's lips. 

He just scoffs. "Friend problems," he mutters. 

"Is it someone in the group?" 

He shrugs. "It's fine." He stands abruptly, his chair shrieking against the linoluem as he pushes is back. I catch George looking up in my perephiral vision. "Karl needs me. I'll see you guys later."

I watch as he walks out of the library, storming through rows of shelves. I turn back to George; he's already facing his math homework again. With a sigh, I pull my own homework out.

[Karl's POV]

"We're setting them up," Sapnap says, pushing the science lab door open. I start, nearly dropping my chemicals. I sigh and set the test tube down carefully. 

"What?" I ask, pulling off my goggles.

"We're setting them up," he repeats. "Dream and George. For prom."

I give him a curious look. "Isn't that invading on their personal lives? We should let them take it at their own pace."

He raises an eyebrow. "Dude, they're so in love with each other, they are quite literally blinded by it! They can't tell the other feels the same!"

I giggle and pull off the rubber gloves I'm wearing. I place them next to my goggles and walk up to him. 

"Nick, you need to calm down," I say, lifting my hands to cup his jaw. I stroke his hair gently and smile down at him. 

He tries not to smile, but still fails. "Aw, c'mon, please?" he whines. 

"You're cute when you beg."

He smirks and presses a quick kiss to my lips. 

"HEY."

We both jump. Quackity stands angrily in the doorway. 

"Don't kiss without me," he mumbles, shuffling over to us. He collapses into Sapnap's shoulder, nearly falling to the floor.

"Sorry," Sapnap says, kissing Quackity's cheek. 

"Let's fucking go," Quackity giggles quietly, doing a little dance. We both giggle.

"Oh, we're setting Dream and George up for prom by the way," Sapnap informs Quackity.

"Pog. How?"

[George's POV]

"Hey," Dream says, falling into step with me. I look up at him, and my cheeks flush. Just like they always do when I look at him.