5. jenny

Meet Up AU
When George and Dream finally meet up after being friends for years, the feelings they both shoved away get uprooted over a simple TikTok trend. [lime] 

CW// a bit of harsh language (wh0re, sl^t)

George's ears were sore. Very sore. But that's what he got for falling asleep on the plane. 

He rubbed his ears as he trudged down the tunnel into the airport, his carry-on slung over his shoulder. He pulled out his phone and connected to WiFi. No messages yet. 

He followed the people on his plane towards the London carousel. Moments later, a siren went off, and bags started appearing on the machine. 

George slumped against a wall nearby until he saw his suitcase. He sluggishly walked over and pulled it off. He waited for his second bag, leaning against his first. His eyelids were growing heavier. Jet lag was hitting hard. 

His phone buzzed multiple times. 

13 new messages

2 missed calls

George sighed.

Mom:
Hi sweetie!
Stay safe on your trip, alright?
Love you!

Wilbur:
I'll miss you, mate

Sapnap:
HAVE A GOOD FLIGHT.
I'LL SEE YOU IN THREE DAYS
I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED
AGH

Karl:
Nick is freaking out right now.
I hope you have a good time in Florida!

Tommy:
WHAT THE FUCK, MAN
WHY IS EVERYONE GOING TO AMERICA WITHOUT ME

Dream:
I see you.

George's eyes widened. 

The last message had only been sent a minute ago.

He hurriedly glanced around, looking for a man who matched the description Dream had given him. 

Green eyes, freckles, dirty blond hair, scar on his nose bridge, freakishly tall, George listed in his head as he looked. Then he paused. And looked at his phone. 

This was Dream. He could be joking. 

George:
What am I wearing?

Dream:
Don't you mean what am I wearing?

George:
I mean what am I wearing?
You could be messing with me.

Dream:
All I'll say is you must be sweating.

George glanced down at his outfit. It was chilly back home in England, so he had left wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. He was starting to sweat in the humidity that was in the airport.

Dream:
You look hot.
In more ways than one.

George:
Why would you say that?

He heard the distant sound of a kettle. His eyes widened again as he spun around. He had heard that sound well over a hundred times over the past six years. 

And there, doubled over in the corner next to a plant, was a 6'2" man with dirty blond hair long enough to be tied back, wearing a yellow tank top, something George recalled Dream said he would wear when they met. Not a green tank top -- a yellow tank top.

George:
Conveniently enough, I could say the same for you.
Learn the laugh quietly if you don't want me to find you.

Dream slowly stopped laughing and looked directly at George. Even though they were well over 20 feet away, George felt as though Dream was right in front of him.