22. your perfect stereotype

Football Jock x Cheerleader AU
One day while at a game against his biggest rival, football player Dream notices a cheerleader from the opposing team. He tries to get the cheerleader's attention, but fails. Or... so he thinks. [fluff] 

CW// homophobia, mentions of injuries

Dream sighs and streches his arms over his head. He takes a few deep breaths as he shakes himself out. 

Football season. The biggest time of the year to his school. It's the biggest game of the season, too. If Dream's team wins this, they go to the state-wide championships. If they lose, then everyone on his team will be in a funk until next year. So Dream has to win. 

He jumps up and down a few times, trying to calm his nerves. The team he's going up against is his team's biggest rival. He went up against them for the first time in his second year of high school, and they played so roughly, Dream ended up with a broken leg and a fractured wrist. So he's nervous.

Since that first game, he's grown significantly. His team is on a win streak of 6 this season, and majority of the team is leaving next year to go to college. He isn't, but the team captain is. So are three of the best players. So he has to make this count.

Sapnap claps him on the back, scaring the shit out of him. "Hey, bitch," he says, grinning. Dream scowls. 

"Don't do that," he says. "I'm already pissing myself with nerves."

Sapnap snickers. "Sorry, boss. I'll back off."

Despite their longlasting friendship, Sapnap could still be a dick. Not all the time, but it was definitely there. He isn't mean or discriminatory -- just annoying. But Dream's gotten used to his friend's nature, and doesn't even react when Sapnap does something dumb. 

Like right now.

"Ayo!" Sapnap yells, finally climbing on top of the locker. Punz sighs and walks off, shaking his head. "Listen up, mother-truckers!" 

The chatter in the room quiets to a few snickers, and their center yells "what're you doing now, dickhead?"

Sapnap makes a clicking noise, winks and points at him. "I agree," he says. Dream rubs his eyes with the butts of his palms. His friend is an idiot. "As we all know, we're going against our biggest rival. The British Prep School."

A few boys groan, whine, or scoff. Their center once more shouts, this time saying, "Oy, we'll shove their cocks in backwards, then, eh?" in a mock British accent. There's a spattering of laughter.

Dream isn't sure why there's a prep school for English kids in Florida of all places, but there is. It's a school full of rich English kids who came from the UK just to go to the exact same school they had been going to already... just in the US. 

Sapnap says a few more words about the game, amping the team up. And he chose a good time to do it, because just as he finishes his speech, just as the team starts shouting and cheering, hitting each other and saying good luck, the announcer introduces their team. They run out on to the field, still shouting and whooping. 

Dream follows, laughing and whooping, and grabs the football from their coach. "Sapnap!" he shouts. "Go long!"

Sapnap breaks out into a backwards sprint, arms up and ready for the pass. Dream throws the ball in a perfect arch with the perfect spiral. It lands perfectly in Sapnap's hands. Cheers from the students and parents from their school fill the stadium at the throw. 

The team runs around, throwing the ball and tackling, to warm up. A few members of the team jog off to the side, watching the cheerleaders stretch and warm themselves up. Dream jogs over and snaps them out of their fantasies.