28. the phone booth

Strangers AU
It's George's 18th birthday, so a few close friends drag him out to go drinking. Unfortunately for his poor friends, he's always been an overachiever, and it isn't too long until he's gone. His friends don't know where he is until they find him over an hour later... in a phone booth with some random blond guy. [fluff, lime]

CW// heavy drinking, mentions of hangovers, creepy white men in bars

They weren't going to lose him. Not originally. 

But what more did they expect? It's his first time drinking, and he's always been the kind to go all out. "Full send or no send," that's what he always says. Usually before he does something stupid. 

But that's just the kind of person he is; a daredevil, a tryhard, he's never really backed down from a challenge. Meaning he probably got dared to drink so much he couldn't tell which way was up, and wandered off. 

Phil sighs. "Spread out, guys," he instructs the others. "He couldn't have gotten far."

He, Fundy, Wilbur, Karl and Niki spread throughout the bar, searching for their friend. They expect to see him dancing on tables or the counter, chugging another beer, or flirting with someone random.

The five friends scour the entire place, but find no sign of their friend. Fundy suggests searching outside. Wilbur stays in the bar just in case he returns.

After nearly an hour later, their phones buzz; Niki is calling. 

"Um, I found him," she says cautiously. "But you might not like where."

Karl and Fundy, who have been looking together, glance at each other nervously. 

WIthin 10 minutes, the five have reconciled near a post office, peeking around a corner at a phone booth. Or, more specifically, the people in it.

George is pinned against a wall inside, and is being kissed rather roughly by a tall blond man no one recognizes. Niki, over the call, sounded so sure that he was being assaulted. Yet, at a second glance, he seems to be... enjoying himself. 

"Thank heavens this is an unusally quiet street," Wilbur mutters, face contorting into a look of disgust.

"I think it's empty because of them," Fundy remarks, raising an eyebrow. "However, George certaintly pulled a hot one." Karl, Phil and Niki all stifle giggles. 

Wilbur chuckles and heads over to the booth. He approaches the door and knocks loudly; the pair startles, tearing away from each other. The blond scares so bad he hits his head on the phone behind him. Wilbur bites back a laugh. 

"Sorry for interuppting," he says, voice devoid of sympathy or apology, "but I need to make a call, and this appears to be the only phone booth on this street."

George, smiling and bright-eyed, pushes open the door. "Did you forget your phone again, Wilbur?" he asks, voice slurring slightly. 

Drunk, Wilbur thinks. Definitley drunk. 

He chuckles awkwardly as the blond exits the booth, smiling nervously. "Heh, yeah," he says, "silly me."

"Alright, well, I'd best be on my way," the blond says. He looks at George, and his eyes soften. He grins a grin that could make someone's heart melt. "Call me," he says softly, pressing a quick kiss to George's lips. 

As we walks away, George sighs happily. "Holy fuck," he murmurs. 

Karl approaches his friend, staring intensely at him. "I don't think I've ever seen that many love bites on a person's neck before," he wonders.