42. it'll last longer

PhotographerxModel AU
George is an amateur photographer trying to make some money by posting on social media and selling online. He isn't having much success until the famous Instagram model who goes by Dream contacts him, asking for some professional photos. He likes them so much he comes back for more, and suddenly George is getting more attention than he thought possible. And he can't get the model out of his head. Then Dream reaches out a third time, but not for photos. [fluff]

I stare in disbelief down at my phone. Because there is no way Dreamwastaken just requested to message me. The Dreamwastaken. I've been following him since he had 40K followers, and he has over 5 million now. He's an uberfamous Instagram model that hires the best photographers and posts pictures that get millions of likes. The photographers always have over 100K.

I have 850 followers. 

So I'm in disbelief.

Hesitantly, I open Instagram. I'm already signed into my photography account, so I open my DMs. And sure enough, in my requests, there's Dreamwastaken with the little blue check. 

dreamwastaken
Hello! I found your account about a month ago, and I really love your style. I noticed you recently moved to LA and I was wondering if you would be willing to meet up? I've been thinking about changing my account to a less professional-style, and I think the way you take photos would be perfect. If you're interested, I'd love to hear from you soon :)

I have to read it three times before it fully sinks in. 

Dream... wants me to take his photos. 

See, Dream's photos are all very serious and stylish and flawless, and he looks beautiful in all of them. When I take photos, they don't have that straight-faced seriousness; the people I take photos of are all smiling and laughing, and they look like real people. Accounts like Dream's are -- no offense to him -- full of fake people. I capture reality. 

Which is why I'm still in disbelief. 

And he's known I exist for a whole month? And I never knew

And he's been stalking me, apparently. I only posted the fact that I moved from London to LA on my story, which means he must have seen it. And I only moved a week ago, so he must have been checking a lot recently. Which gives me goosebumps for whatever reason. 

Then I notice he messaged me 7 hours ago already. I might want to get back to him.

404photos
Hi! I'd love to take some photos for you! What did you have in mind? And when and where? 

I stare at the message pensively, like he'll just randomly come back online. It's probably not even him. With his follower count, it's probably a red-head woman in her thirties who manages his social media because of the trolls. 

I toss my phone back onto my bed. I bought a two room apartment a month and a half ago, and I'm already regretting it. I have to get a job, and soon, if I want to keep up with rent. For that reason, half of all my shit is still in boxes. 

dreamwastaken
Perfect! I just want a more light-hearted kind of vibe. I've always been one of those more serious kind of people, but I feel like that's just what social media's made me. I want someone to capture who I really am, and your style would be amazing for that

dreamwastaken
And I'm free from noon to midnight tomorrow? You can decide the place if you want

I nearly smack my head on the wall leaping for my phone when it buzzes. My hands start to shake as I read the messages. Already I can see ideas for photos building in my head; perfect angles and backgrounds and lighting methods, and how I could edit them even.