Chapter 7: The New Source Of Magic

After realising how much Katherine mean to Ezra, Katherine is stunned, "he loves me?", she asks, "wait! No! Don't lie to me!"; she said in disbelief.

"Why would I lie to you?", Luna asks.

"Why he didn't just tell me?", Katherine asks.

Luna just chuckle, "because he don't want you to leave him", she reply.

"I would never leave him", Katherine said.

"Speaking of him-", Olivia said", -there he is", she said pointing at the three boys walking towards the girls.

Ezra walk towards Katherine and stand in front of her, Luna signal the others to leave them alone. As the four left, Ezra kneel on front of Katherine, "Kath, I know I was a tottal jerk back there", he said looking directly into her eyes, then look at the ground, "you deserve someone better", he muttered.

"Ezra", Katherine whispers.

Ezra was silence for few seconds, "I don't deserve you at all", he said as a singel tear escape her eye, "but, I just feel so lost without you", he admit. Katherine look down at Ezra, he seem hesitate to say something, "Kath the truth is-", he suddenly said, "-I love you, from the moment we reunited", he said with little red cheek, "and I understand if you don't feel the same way as I do", Ezra look at the ground.

Katherine suddenly kneel down and hug Ezra, startling him, Ezra wrap his arms around her while look at her, "I also feel the same way", she said. Ezra is shock to hear that, and lovingly hug her.

As the both parted away, countless glowing fireflies flying around the field. Ezra hold Katherine's hand making her flinch, she look at Ezra and they bith smile.

The other four that look at them both not too far and they all smile. Jayden notice a perfect place to see the fireflies and invite Olivia to sit with him. Those two left Tyler and Luna standing on the spot.

Luna enjoy her view, while Tyler glance down at Luna's hand and as she he move his fingers closer, a noise coming from their left.

Tyler sigh in annoyance, "why and what now?", he thought.

"What's that?", Jayden asks as they all regroup

"I don't know?", Olivia answer, "but it's coming from there", she said as she point at a path.

They all look at each other and nodded. Tyler is the first one to move followed by the others. When they arrived, they saw many hybrids try to protect something and from something.

Whem they look carefully, they see Charlie fighting the hybrinds alone, he's holding a sai on both hands.

He throw one sai towards one of the hybrids, but before the sai hit it, Ezra jump in front of the hybrids to block the sai with his dagger making Charlie in shock.

"What are you doing!", he shout, "you side with these monsters now!".

His words are sharp but this doesn't stop Ezra from protecting something, the others quivkly join him and stand by his side.

"They are no monster!", Ezra shout back and the hybrids seem moved by that.

"The only monster here is you!", Katherine said.

Charlie groan, feel annoyed, he charge at them and pick up his sai that's on the ground and continue running towards them. The boys quickly charge at him while the girls look at the hybrid, one of them is injured mixture of a panther and white tiger stripes and black and white wings.

Katherine quickly go to it with her sceptre, the hybrid try to back away causing Katherine to move slowly, "shh", she whisper, trying to calm the hybrid down. The hybrid see the kindness in her and slowly trusting her. Katherine use her magic to heal the injury, Olivia and Luna each place a hand on both Katherine's shoulder to speed up the healing process , Katherine look up to them. It only took few seconds to heal the wounds completely. The other hybrinds finally know who to trust and who's the enemy.