Chapter 22: You And Me Together, Forever

A black haired man is sitting on his office, reading one of the report from the pile of papers that ware sent from the villagers as a request for help.

Knock, knock

Soft knock from the door make the man turn his attention to it, "come in", he called.

The door open reveal a light brown hair woman with blue eyes.

The man smile, "Luna", he said.

Luna walk in while holding a tray with two cups of coffee, "need a bit of break, Tyler?", she asks as she still walking in.

"Sure", Tyler let out a breath of tiredness as he place the report paper on the desk in front of him.

Luna place the tray on the desk and hand one of the cup to the boy. The princess hold the other cup as she walk up to the window behind the big wooden desk followed by Tyler, she look out to see the new huntsmen and huntresses training.

"We have a lot of people that joined us this year as well", Luna said, while looking out.

"Yeah", Tyler agreed, "meaning more work to do", he sigh.

Luna glance at him and chuckle, "don't worry", she said and Tyler look at her, "I'll help you as always", she assured.

Tyler smile, "thanks for be there for me", he said, "ever since I become the commander two years ago".  

"Two years of becoming your assistant is nothing compare to my old life as a princess", Luna said and look back outside.

Tyler look at her in silence and back outside as well.

Two Years Ago:

Few days after the party, Luna finally healed completely and get to move out just like her dad's promise.

The princess is in her room, packing her stuff while the white tiger hybrid is resting on the floor in front of her bed before fly back to the South Territory.

While packing, Luna found a photo on her side table's drawer.

It was a picture of fifteen years old herself back hugging Zain who had good innocent face while standing on the cliff where they always meet to see each other during midnight.

Luna stare at the photo as she sit  on the edge of her bed.

The princess continue satring on it as a single tear escape her eye.

Outside her bedroom, the former queen Lunyea is walking through the hallway until she hear a sob coming from her daughter's room. She stop to look inside and see Luna is sitting on her bed instead of packing her belongings.

Her motherly instict told her to get in and that's what she did.

Luna glance up and see her mother is walking towards her, but she didn't bother to move from her spot or hide the picture.

The former queen sit beside her daughter and she notice the photo. The mother place a hand across Luna's shoulder and slowly make the girl lean towards her.

The princess look at her mother for a moment before look back down.

Before the princess completely look back down, Lunyea place a hand on Luna's chin to make the younger girl look at the former queen who softly smile and use the raised hand's thumb to wipe away Luna's tears.

"We all know what he did is terrible", Lunyea said, "but even I don't know him like you do, I know that a part of him still care about you".

Luna look at her mother, "how would you know that?", she asks, trying to hold back tears.