𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

»»----- ➴ -----««

𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑰 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖,

𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕

𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆.

𝑫𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐?

»»----- ➴ -----««

I didn't ask for this.

I didn't want to become a professor at some college.

I mean I do have a degree in psychology, but I didn't think I need to use it in my life!

It all started when my father called me...

I parked in the driveway of my father's house. It was a modern house that looked like it can be set in the future with those glass windows.

I walked to the door and rang the doorbell.

A maid that looked in her 20s opened the door. She knew who I was and opened the door wider for me to pass through.

I bid thanks and went up to my father's room. Once I got there, I knocked on the door and waited. Once I heard a 'come in', I entered the room.

There he was.

Papers spread on his desk and a drink to his left.

"You wanted to see me," I said and walked towards the minibar and help myself to a drink.

"Yes. I think this talk will be good for us but mostly you," Father said taking one of his papers and putting it to the side.

I sat down on the chair and took a sip of my drink.

This can't be good.

"Son, you've been single for a while now. You're almost in your 30s. I think it's time for you to settle down," Father said getting straight to the point.

There it is!

I stared at him for a second to see if he was joking.

I still stared at him while I took a good amount of sip of my drink making it empty.

I put the drink down on his desk adjust my blazer put my leg on top of the other and relaxed in my seat.

I shook my head, "No,"