421 - Shots Fired

Author's Note: Hi all! I'm going to try and keep this quick to not take from the beginning of this exciting story, but I hope that you'll take the time to read this really quick, as you play an important role in this story!

This story was initially launched with some others. While those three are either completed or close to being so, this one has been in the backburner for a while, and I'm working on changing that!

This story now has updates of every Sunday until further notice. Once one of my stories is finished, it will go into another slot so that I can get it finished faster. I plan on all of my stories being completed, no matter how popular they are. However, still know that your votes and comments are highly appreciated. I haven't gotten too many for this story, but if you enjoy it and would like to see more, feel free to tell me in the comments! This is the first that I've written in this genre, and I plan on making more as well after it.

Thanks for any votes and comments! I'll see you all soon!

-Saturn

"We have a 917 on I-49 and Recker," the radio static cleared. "I repeat, a 917 on I-49 and Recker."

The radio always went off, no matter what time of day or night it was. Right now, it simply acted like white noise to him, though. He didn't answer the codes like 917 unless it was more threatening, or he was the only one in the vicinity and didn't have anything else to do. He had worked hard to get the promotion he had that allowed him to focus on more prevalent issues.

But, at this moment, he wasn't going to answer to any calls unless it was an emergency. He was on his lunch break, and it was the only one that he had that entire day. It was normal for him, but it didn't mean that he didn't have a mean appetite right then.

"I still don't see why we can't eat outside," A voice came to his thoughts, interrupting the peaceful tranquility that he was enjoying with his burger.

"I have to be able to hear the radio, Skaal," he took a bite out of his burger, stuffing his face with the fries that he had tucked into the cupholder of the car.

"We would have been able to hear it from miles away if we needed to," Skaal argued. "It would have been easy to just eat on a bench or something and feel the fresh breeze."

He was always a pain when work was busy. Because all he wanted to do was run outside or keep his skills sharp. Fighting and working out were one of the things that they both took pride in, but it wasn't easy to do when he needed to be up for days on end answering to emergency calls and paperwork on top of that. Most of his coworkers wondered how he did it. Only the Chief knew the true answer to that.

"You want me to roll down the window?" he teased, immediately feeling the aggravation that his friend had from that statement. He was like a brother to him, but a little closer. When you had to grow up with a whole other being inside you, it helped when you got along with them. Sure, he liked to tease him a bit, but their teamwork was how he was able to be as great as he was. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

"You just don't want to have to move your lazy ass if the radio goes off with an emergency signal."

"Do you know how annoying it would be climbing back in the car in the middle of biting into a burger?"

"We could just run to wherever it was. It would be ten times faster than this stupid van."

"And what if they start asking how I got there so fast?"

"Why should it matter if there are lives at stake?"

"Skaal," he sighed. "You and I both know how this conversation's going to end. We cannot let the population know about us."

Glassed Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें