Exactly

"I still can't believe you work with a blood sucker," Trent said, holding the punching bag for him. "That still surprises me."

"It surprises me too sometimes," Jim growled as he tried to focus on the exercise. "He makes a better punching bag than you, though."

"Oh, I'd love to see you tear a new one into him!" The man laughed. He might be a big flirt when the ladies were around, but he was always fun to hang out with. Trent was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other warriors in their pack.

"He's not the type to try and put on a show for anyone," Jim stopped for a minute to catch his breath. "I don't think you'd appreciate his choice of words, either."

"They might get along," Dan said, leaning against the wall of the room. "They both know how to say just the right thing to piss you off."

Dan was the quiet member of the hunting party that Jim had been in when they were looking for the witches in the forest. Yet another calm observer in their warrior group in Blacktooth. Dan was one of the best, and held a stoic stance most of the time. But Trent had clung to him ever since he started his training. He actually got him a bit out of his shell. The little that Dan talked now was much more than before.

Jim was glad to see him speak up a little more. He was one of the warriors that he helped train. Jim's reign was short, but the warriors that made it through his leadership could handle anything that the world threw their way. Jim wasn't saying that because he was a strict Alpha, although there were plenty of times that he had to. It was because once he stepped into leadership, everything that could happen to threaten their pack, did happen.

The constant stress was another reason why he was glad to change careers.

That was a long time ago, though. Most of the men and women training in that room were young and barely remembered that he used to be the leader of this pack. Jim liked that. The less that remembered those horrible times, the better.

"I'm not ever going to like a vampire, thank you," Trent rolled his eyes at his friend.

Jim just shook his head and continued to work out. He wasn't as exhausted anymore, which helped in persuading his brother into actually letting him train to gain his strength back. He was still hoping that Snake and Felix got some answers. He still wasn't allowed to speak with them.

The feeling of everything being so restricted was only adding to the anxiety that he felt. It didn't help that Indigo was starting to have wicked visions. After that day it happened in the bathroom, the visions had started coming to her in her dreams. No matter how much Jim would try to push, though, he couldn't seem to get her to talk about what it was. Sometimes she would say that she forgot, while other times she would tell him that she just didn't know how to put it to words. He knew that neither were lying from the confusion that he always got from her, but it was frustrating to not get any answers at all from her. Instead, she would just tell him not to worry about it and they would go about their day.

That's what William was enjoying to say a lot too. Ever since he got here, everyone was too concerned for his wellbeing. It was fine before, but he wasn't weak from wolfsbane anymore. The poison was gone and his strength was returning. All it would take was a little more practice and he would be back to normal.

"Jim!" Dan grabbed ahold of his arm right before he gave the bag another punch. "Trent needs a break."

Jim snapped out of his thoughts to give the young werewolf a look. He was holding the punching bag well at first, but now he was holding on for dear life. Sweat formed on the man as he held finally stopped holding the bag steady for him.