Unhappy

Asia's POV

A week went by and Dominick is already harassing me about every single thing I do, Charlie's 'parents' put a restraining order on me, Jenna's missing person case went cold, Devin, Logan and I haven't said a word to each other and I can't even go in the kitchen at night without being bombarded with questions.

It sucks.

I've never been more unhappy with my life.

The next part of my life went by in a blur. Not that time was going by fast, actually the quite opposite, but that there was no point in remembering it.

I had absolutely nothing

Months and months passed and the restraining order was finally lifted.

Charlie was eighteen.

That also meant I was gonna be eighteen in a couple weeks.

I found out what school he went to and I drove over there using the "family car."

Rich people things, I guess?

I parked and saw a bunch of teenage boys wandering around the courtyard. I grinned when I saw the tall, skinny, dirty blonde haired boy walking next to two other guys.

It was gated, but it was also underground almost. Like a pool, but no water. I walked next to the gate.

"Hey, fucker. Miss me?" I asked.

The three boys looked up. Charlie's face lit up when he saw me. "Asia! What are you doing here?" He asked in shock.

"Nice bow tie." I said laughing.

"Haha. Very funny. But seriously? What's up?" He asked.

I looked around and I jumped over the fence. "Can a girl not visit her friend on his birthday?" I asked.

"But the restraining order-"

"Ends today. They can only do it for you while your a minor. So... ta-da." I said with a fake grin.

"No way! That's awesome!" He said.

"So you must be Asia Adams?" One of the guys walking with Charlie said.

"The one and only." I said with a dramatic hair flip.

"Liam." He said, shaking my hand.

"Brett." The other one said, shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet y'all." I said. I looked back at Charlie. "I need to tell you something. It's kinda important."

He looked at Brett and Liam. "I'll catch up with ya guys in a few." They both walked off and it was just us. "What's up?" He asked.

"I'm getting out of here. I can't stay in New York. My new "brother" is insane and invasive, my new "parents" won't let me go back to my actual mother, even though she's been out of rehab for a month, Logan and Devin found new friends and Jenna's still missing, and I'm just so unhappy here. This is the most unhappy I've ever been, actually." I said, quietly.

"I get it. That's how I feel, too." He looked around. "I'm leaving for Houston, Texas in nine days. I was gonna go and tell you tomorrow, but you're here now. I want you to come with me."

"Nine days? Texas? Are you serious?" I said, in shock.

"Yeah. Already got a train ticket." He pulled it out of his pocket. "I woulda gotten you one, but I didn't know if you'd even wanna come."

"Oh my God! Charlie this is awesome! Yes, I'll come!" I said, excitedly.

"The psychos don't know though." He said, referring to his parents. "They want to adopt me! But I didn't sign on it. For once, I got to make a decision." He said.

"They talked about adopting me, too. But they never brought it to light. So I never mentioned it. Don't want them to think I want it."

"So wanna meet me in Texas in a month?" He said grinning.

"A month?" I asked. "Why not now?"

"Cause you're still a minor." He said, dumbly.

"But in three weeks I won't be." I said, crossing my arms.

"You'll get in trouble if they find you."

"They won't find me. And actually, I'm leaving as soon as possible, whether you'll be there or not. I'm unhappy here. If I have to wait one more day, I'll explode!" I yelled.

"Shh. Don't want someone to hear you. You're not supposed to be here." I grinned slightly. "Ok. Fine. Go, but call me when you get there, promise?"

"Promise." I said.

He ripped a piece of paper out of his geography book and wrote a number on it. "I'll see you in Texas in nine days. I promise." He said.

I grinned. I couldn't contain my excitement. I was gonna be living with Charlie again! I hugged him tightly and we started walking again.

"See ya in Texas!" I said hopping over the fence.

"See ya, Asia." He said back.

I got in my car and put the key in. I couldn't help, but scream out of excitement.

I spent the rest of the day, packing and writing. I was writing letters to Devin and Logan. I thanked them for everything and explained everything.

I went home and everything I owned was packed up. I went to bed and woke up at 2:46. Perfect.

I moved my suitcase and backpack out of the house as quietly as possible and closed the door. I walked to the train station and prayed I could get out of this state.

I walked up to the girl. "Hi." I said, politely. "Do you have anything for Houston? Texas?" I asked.

"Not for another four days." She said.

I groaned. "Is there anywhere down south that I could get? Somewhere close to Texas?"

She looked at the book. "We have a train leaving to Tulsa, Oklahoma in five minutes. Tickets are fifty cents." She said.

"Oklahoma..." I mumbled. "That's right above Texas, right? The state that looks like a pan?" She nodded. "Ok. Perfect. I'll take it. Thank you." I said, excitedly.

I got on the train and let out a sigh or relief. I made it. I really made it. I was leaving New York. I may not be in Houston yet, but I'll give Charlie a call when I get down there, let him know where I am, and I'll meet him down there in eight days.

I saw someone start to sit next to me and I moved my stuff. "Sor-"

I realized who it was and I immediately stopped my apology. "Dominick?!"