Unready

Asia's POV

I went to the hotel and sighed as I put all my stuff away. I felt bad about leaving. I really didn't wanna leave Dallas. It was just better for me.

I got there early and bought my own ticket. Dallas showed up fifteen minutes to noon like he said. He handed me an envelope. "Here. Four hundred dollars." He sighed as he said that.

"Dallas, I truly don't want it." I said refusing it.

"I shouldn't have been so confident. That's my fault. I see you already bought the ticket." He said with a slight grin.

"Yeah. It wasn't expensive. Please don't make me take your money. That's gonna take forever to pay back."

"It's alright. I've got nothing to save up for anymore." He said softly.

I felt my heart drop as he said that. He pulled me into a tight hug and I quickly blinked back my tears; so, he didn't see me crying.

We pulled apart and sighed. "Alright. I better get going. Get a good spot."

"Good luck. I'll see ya soon, right?"

"Yeah. I'll be back at some point." I said with a forced grin.

"Bye, Asia."

"Bye, Dallas."

I got on the train and immediately broke into a sob. I was so unready for this. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I looked in my bag for my water and I saw Dallas was able to slip the envelope of money in my bag. He must have done it while he pulled me into that hug. I opened it and there were four crisp one hundred dollar bills in it.

I sighed. I can't believe I let him slip it in.

I fell asleep.

I wanted to forget about my last interaction with Dallas.

Almost a day went by of sitting on the train and a woman walks into the car.

"Hello, everyone. We are just almost halfway to our destination in California, but unfortunately we are having problems in our engine. We will have to make an emergency stop in Santa Fe, New Mexico."

People mumbled to each other and when they stopped she continued. "Everyone will be given two different options. Your first option will be to wait thirty six to foury eight hours in the Santa Fe station or you will be offered an immediate ride back to Tulsa, Oklahoma. If you choose to take the second option, you will have to go to the front desk, give them your ticket and you will be given a free ticket back."

I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I was unready for this trip. I wasn't prepared. I'm eighteen. I don't need to be moving around.

I was gonna go to Oklahoma. I needed to.

We made it to Santa Fe within minutes after the announcement and we all got off. I took my ticket to the counter and they gave me a new ticket. Within an hour, me and about half of the other passengers were on our way back to Oklahoma.

To be fair, I was a little nervous. I think in total, I was unready for life in general. I was never taught life skills. I never learned anything I needed to. I never learned how to buy a house, pay taxes (thank God Charlie taught me that), or do anything that everyone else was taught early on in life.

But another day went by and I was back in Oklahoma. My first thought was to go to Dallas and give him his money back, but I wasn't sure if that was the right route. It was almost one in the morning. He could be sleeping.

I knew he wasn't sleeping.

But I don't wanna stay with him. I don't want the same thing to happen as the first time I did. And I know he said he wouldn't do it again, but I just don't trust him.

Maybe that was my first problem.

Against my better judgement, I found myself going to Bucks in the middle of the night.

I walked up to the steps, only being able to see by the slight red glow illuminating from the inside, and took a breath before I knocked on the door.

To my surprise, Dallas opened it.

"Dally, oh my God, do-" I was about to ramble on, but I stopped when I noticed the huge gash on his forehead. "Dallas?" I asked.

"Huh?" He stumbled a bit outside.

"Oh my..." I started. He tripped a bit and it made me nervous, thinking he was gonna fall. He started muttering something and it took me a second to catch on. "Are you drunk?" I asked.

"N-no... I- I..."

"No. You aren't. You're completely wasted. Jesus, Dallas." I muttered. "Come on. Let's get inside."

I pushed him through the door and dragged my stuff inside. We got to his room and I got to see the huge gash on his forehead. It was worse than I thought.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Fight. I fought... uh... maybe someone downstairs."

I sighed. We made it to his room and I threw my stuff on the ground. "Come on. You can't go to bed like this."

I took him to the bathroom and I looked around for a second. I grabbed a bottle of rubbing alcohol from the cabinet and some toilet paper.

Dally rubbed his arm across his forehead. "Dallas! Knock it off!" I scolded.

I shoved his hand away from his face and pressed the toilet paper on his forehead. I could tell he was trying not to move, but his eyes moved slightly after a second of it on his forehead.

Lucky for me, it wasn't bleeding anymore. I tried to clean up the gash as well as I could. I didn't want it to get infected.

I threw the swatch away and hoped for the best. It would get him through the night. If he wanted to do more to it when he's sober, he can make that choice.

But let me tell you... boy was I unready for the trail of events that were gonna occur tonight.