First Task

Schoolwork kept me busy for the next couple of weeks. The Bulgarian boys provided for some much-needed distraction, I learned a lot about Bulgaria and the Durmstrang Institute. They always kissed the back of my palm before they ended a conversation and I found it charming. The first tri-wizard tournament task was closing in. Ron and Hermione were still not talking to Harry, I was concerned for Harry. I did not see much of George, our interactions had been reduced to casual greetings when we bumped into each other on route to our respective classes.

At dinner a day before the first task my fellow Ravenclaws were immersed in an intense strategic conversation about whom to bet on. That explained what the twins had been up to! Betting was their means of making money. Krum was sure to win if he used his broom, all his hours of Quidditch practice would give him an edge over the others. But I wasn't going to bet a penny.

"I will be sleeping at the astronomy tower tonight. Do you want to join?" George asked as I left the great hall with Cho and Padma. "No, I don't want to land a detention tomorrow. I wouldn't miss the task for the world." I had prayed all week for Harry to survive the task. Dragons were scary creatures! "But why are you guys sleeping there?"

"It's just me. Fred needs the room tonight, he found himself a new chick. I don't fit on the Gryffindor couch, Angie and Katie did ask me to crash in with them but...".

"You can crash with me you want." I almost yelled. I couldn't bear to imagine George in Johnson's bed. I shook off the image from my head. "Are you sure?" George looked at me wide-eyed. "It's not like we haven't shared a bed before!" We were always on top of each other at the Burrow. I have found myself cuddling with Harry's feet, Ginny's hair, Fred's torso, Hermione's cat, and George innumerable times! I didn't see what the deal was.

"Your room-mates might have a problem."

"We have absolutely no issues." Cho and Padma said in unison. Those eavesdropping bastards.

George headed to his room to change into his pajamas and pick some essentials. Padma stuffed her head into my wardrobe as soon as we reached the dorm. "Here wear this. It's red, that Gryffindor better like it." Padma handed me a short red silk nightgown that Luna had gifted last Christmas. I saw Cedric head towards the washroom and beat him to it. He groaned! "Make it quick Nat! I have an important day tomorrow." In my fixation with Harry's wellbeing, I had completely forgotten about Cedric being a champion too. I quickly put on the red nightgown but regretted it almost instantly. The neck was way too deep, it showed a fair bit of cleavage. In addition, it was way too short with a slit that ran high up my thigh. I slowly stepped out of the washroom.

Cedric let out an audible gasp. "You look.." He was at a loss for words. "I feel I picked the wrong roommate!" He joked as Cho hurled abuses from across the room. He ran into the washroom and locked the door when he saw Cho reach out for her wand. "I should just wear my shorts." I walked towards the wardrobe. "Nooooooooo," both yelled in unison. I eyed what they were wearing, Cho was in a pink silk gown like mine with some black lace details and Padma was changing into a cute tank top and a pair of shorts.

I heard a tap on the window and rushed to open it. George came through on his broom holding a toothbrush in one hand. "McGonagall was flying! Have you ever seen her on a broom! That lady is..." his eyes had left my face, his jaw dropped, and his toothbrush fell off from his hand. That was two for two, I had to burn the dress.

Cedric walked out of the washroom, shirtless. It caused George to snap out of his trance. "What kind of hell hole is this? Why is pretty boy strutting around naked in your room and why the hell are you dressed like that? What kind of shitshow goes on in here?" George was flushed. His eyes darted between Cedric and me. Cho and Padma tried hard to suppress their laughs.