Chapter 8

Arjun

"My Child! Finally you are home with me" Mata hugged me.

"I was always with you Maa, Always close to your heart" I wiped her tears.

"Yes...Always!" She affirmed with teary eyes

"Still crying mata ?... I can't bear your tears! and what would your new daughter-in- law would think, If she sees you crying this much! She would think you are upset with her..!"I joked

"I would never get upset by her....She is my only Daughter! " She said looking at subhadra who was laughing at something said by Bhrata Bheem. Seeing her brought a smile on my face...and Mata Noticed it.

"Finally you and putri Subhadra are together...I am so pleased for you.. I can clearly see that she has brought a new dimension to your life...I have never seen you so happy and content putra....She is the ray of Happiness in our life...please take a good care of her...! She advised.

"I'll Cherish Her till the end of the time...She is my life mata" I affirmed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Night

Draupadi

This was my year with Arya Arjun, but he was now married with Subhadra..I was going to discuss about this with him today...but due to some reason I could not convey my thoughts to him.

Although we were married for so many years..I did'nt had my time with him as his wife,  due to his abrupt departure for exile..

Starting this year I had thought after so many years finally we would be together.. but now everything was uncertain.

My mind was clouded with such negative thoughts...these uncertainities, Sadness, insecurity.......

"Hail Maharani!, Yuvraj Arjun requires permission to enter"

Aryaputra Arjun is here, At this hour..... I was so sure that he would not come here preferring to spend time with his new bride.

"Yes, Let him come!" Hope sparked in my heart.

"Arya you here? Whats the matter?" I asked but now hope was my sheild.

"I remember Panchali this is our year together.. I belive we should start our year together" Happiness had knocked away my earlier thoughts.

"But you just got married... I don't want to disrupt your new life...and what would subhadra think..she would surely get offended by you" I still wanted to be sure... I would break me if He steps back afterwards.

"Offended ! God no.... She does not get offended easily....She had already taken an oath from me that I should fullfill all my responsibilities towards you as your husband, take proper care of you, and besides she must have slept by now..she was dead tired with all the travelling..so I have no point of going back to my chamber" He smiled ...Again there was this softness in his eyes that I had observed whenever he talked about her

"So Panchali do agree? Do you accept this as our Year" He asked again.

"Yes" I agreed feeling Happy.
----------‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Morning

"Hail Maharani! " My maid woke me up

It was quite late in the morning.... Last night we talked about everything, I asked him about his journey, His adventures of last 12 years and also told him about our life here and then atlast we fell asleep...It brought immense joy to my heart by just talking with him

"Where is Aryaputra Arjun?? " I noticed his absence.

"He left in the early morning for his chamber Maharani"

"Ok...."I felt slightly disappointed

"and How is the new Yuvrani? Did she settle well in her new Chamber, Did she liked it? " I enquired.

"New Chamber Maharani?? ...No Yuvraj Arjun insisted that yuvrani should stay in his Chamber... he insisted that there was no need for another chamber" She explained.
Confirming my suspicion that they were staying together.

Although I was happy that Arya and me started our year together... but my heart ached seeing his bond with her.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early Morning

Arjun

I reached my room to find it empty... I searched the entire bedroom but subhadra was no where to be seen.. Where did she go??

"Dasi Dasi, Where is Subhadra?" I called her maid to enquire..My heart started beating a hundred miles.. Negative thoughts  bombarded me

"She is in the snangrah Yuvraj!" The maid said and I relaxed a bit and went inside the snangraha..

The sight that I saw would  forever remain in my heart...There she was sitting there with hairs open, wearing her white bathing saree, splashing water on her maids ... laughing, Joyous, Glorious in her natural state, without any care of the world..... I was transfixed!
But left from there...I did'nt wanted to break her moment.... so I willed myself to leave.

Subhadra what are you doing to me... to my heart...It is already yours...please don't tempt me as such...you cruel Goddess...Have some pity on me... I had promised you to be your friend first... but now you are testing my limits...

xxxxxxx

Hey Guys...
Whose POV you want next??

What do you think of the Plot?

Please share your thoughts!