Chapter 18

Subhadra

Subhadra understood something was not right.....she was going in the other direction of the war field....towards the other camp....

She jumped from her horse..

Soldier: What happened Senapati?

Senapati !!! Why is he calling me senapati...All my Soldiers address me as Yuvrani...yes this is it...They are not my soldiers but that of the enemy....This is a trap!!! and now unknowingly I have fell for it!!! But now I have to face it! There is no way out for me!!...

‐-----------------‐--------------------------------------------------------------

Jayadrath

That Senapti had stopped and has signalled to his horse to leave....hmmm Interesting!!

He is smater than I thought....Finally something interesting is happening...

I signaled my soldiers to attack him from all sides....but that Senapati must have predicted my move somehow...he is fighting valiantly and now kills two of my best men easily...seeing this my Bodyguard now enters the field and attacks him from behind and slashes his back!!!

"Aahhh!!" the cry comes out as a woman's voice from their senapati....which shocks the composure of mine as well as my bodyguard!!! Woman disguised as Senapati!!!

But that cunning Senapati takes that moment of our shock as his...no hers as an advantage and cuts his head off !!! My poor Soldier!

Rage rushes in me as no other!! All I see blood!!

"Hey Lady !!!! show yourself!!! You have broken the rules of war by disguising yourself as a man....There is no place for woman in war...surrender and we would let you leave...!!" I thundered

She removes her face gear and I face God's best creation....Her tumbling dark hair as a night herself...her greenish blue eyes filled with courage, determination and anger...her rosy cheeks and those lips calling me...enchanting...entrapping me in her beauty..she was Subhadra the enchantress...no wonder Duryodhan has plotted this game to have her...any hot blooded men would give his life to have her...including me!

"I have shown myself! But its only right that I get to know my enemy...Show your Identity" She called out in her bell like voice...and I was too eager to follow her command... to show my Identity!!!

"Maharaj Jayadrath!.....finally we came face to face...."

"RajKumari....this is not a place for a Beautiful girl like you....Your place is fit for the throne!! Not here...I give you a chance to surrender and come with me to Magadh...I promise you to make you my Queen and give you all the luxuries of life...and if not my hands would be tied to defeat you and then take you to my home...either way you are coming with me...but like a true gentlemen I'll give you this choice....choose wisely!!"

"There is now choice in the war..Either you win or you die...so lets the battle begin Maharaj!!" She announced and attacked me with all her strength which I unwillingly retaliated with mine..

‐‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panchal Present

Drupad : Putron have this ! Its the special delicacy of Panchal..and Panchalis favourite!!

Bheem : Its delicious Maharaj!!!

Yudishthir: Yes Maharaj its Amazing!!

Arjun: Yes....its delicious..

Drupad: Putra Sahadev you seem lost in some thought...if you dislike anything we can arrange something else...

Draupadi: Arya is everything alright???

Sahadev : Yes everything is alright...I just need a moment...please excuse me...

He abruptly leaves the dinning hall....leaving everyone confused by his behaviour

Arjun : I'll go check on him!!

Arjun too follows his anuj to know about his  behaviour! Since Morning he is acting in a wierd manner...

Arjun: Dev ! What happened ?? What is troubling you??

Sahadev : Nothing Bhrata!!

He tries to school his emotion but fails terribly...Anxiety, Stress and Fear...Yes Fear is the Strongest emotion clearly visible on his face...sweat trickles from his forehead...Arjun clearly sees all these...Now fear takes a root in his heart..he has never seen his Anuj this stressed and anxious.....This is not a good sign...his gut is telling something bad has happened!!

Arjun : Tell me Sahadev!!! I need to know

Sahadev: Bhrata!! Sister... Sister...Subhadra!

Subhadra ! that one person that can shatter every wall that Arjun has built around him over all these years...Her name itself is suffucient to bring him down to his knees..something has happened...he can feel it in his veins...

Arjun : Don't taste my patience Anuj...spit it out...

Sahadev: Bhrata since morning I can feel something bad is happening at Indraprastha...and Sister's life...I can feel her life is at peril

Arjun : What !!! Are you sure ??? How can this happen...is it some kind of joke????
I won't tolerate this kind of Joke sahadev!!!

Sahadev : My intuitions are always right bhrata... I am sorry Bhrata..its my fault!!

Arjun gets shocked to his core!!! Subhadra's life...means his life is in danger!!  Fear !! This word was never in his dictionary but now...it had shattered his world .....if something grave has happened to her...would he be able to live without her...NOOOO!!!!

Yudhisthir and Bheem comes running breaking his thoughts.. Arjun heart beats rapidly...his gut is telling him to leave immediately for Indraprastha..but his feet are seemed to be  rooted at one place too shocked to move.. 

Yudhisthir: Arjun, Sahadev hurry we have to return immediately..jayadrath has attacked Indraprastha...Nakul has stated he is there for war...they need us there immediately..

Bheem: Don't worry Bhrata we would crush him!!...Arjun ! Arjun !! What happened come lets go!!

Arjun is too shocked to move...That Jaydrath !!!....Bheem pushes him out of his trance....

Arjun : Yes lets go!!

Although he pulls his wall up Sahadev knows his Bhrata is not fully recovered from his fear of potentially losing his wife...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indraprastha

Here Battle between Jayadrath and Subhadra starts in full swing....after receiving message from Subhadra's horse....Nakul starts in her direction with his whole army...he easily identifies jayadrath's fake soldiers and starts killing them...

Here Jayadrath realises his mistake of underestimating his opponnent and starts making mistakes in his tactics of which Subhadra takes advantage and easily disarms him...

"Maharaj !! Surrender your army has been defeated...we give you a chance to leave our Land at once and never return !!! Leave us !! Or Die !!"

Jayadrath realises this and accepts his defeat and flees from the battle field..
Joys of victory takes home in the heart of the brave soldiers of Indraprastha....

Shouts of Joy!! Of Victory! Rings in the battle field!!!Hail Yuvrani Subhadra !! Hail Rajkumar Nakul ! Hail our Saviour Subhadra!! Hail Yuvrani !! Rings in the battle field!!!

"Bhrata we have done it !!"

"Yes Sister!! But you are the star...without you we would have been lost!!!...Indraprastha would always owe you their freedom..you are the true protector of our nation"

"Always for our my nation!" Subhadra whispered and faints in Nakul's Arms....

"Subhadra ! Subhadra....wake up...wake up Sister....Call Rajvaidya immediately! I'll take her to the Vaidshala!! Go hurry!!" Nakul Thunderes  seeing Subhadra drenched in her blood...even he could see her multiple injuries on her body...

"Mahadev ! Save my Sister!"

xxxxxxxx