🦋-"Life is short "

Chapter 36:Becoming

"So Zandile how far along are you"-Nomzamo
"Oh im 2 months pregnant now"
"Whuu i can't wait for my niece or nephew to come , what about you Busi"
I look up and all eyes are on me.
"Huh"
"Are you happy about Zandile having a baby with my brother"
I look at her and say nothing.
"Wena Nomzamo are you happy that you have been married to that Nigerian man for 7 years but still have not given  him a baby yet"
Khaya says looking directly at Nomzamo.
It becames quiet from the table until Zandile starts coughing loud.
"Oh do you need water im going to the kitchen" Lerato asks
"Oh yes plea...." she coughs again loudly now and grabbing the attention of everyone at the table.
"Are you okay" -Stembiso
" No ,my stomach is in pain" she says , wincing and brushing her belly.
I roll my eyes and when i look up i see Khaya looking at me .
I shrug my shoulders at him and he looks away.
Zandile starts screaming and asking to be taken to the hospital, Stembiso and Shaka stand up and pick her up to take her to the hosipital.
●●●
After Zandiles little show , Khaya , MamaStembiso ,Nomzamo and i decided to drive to the hospital , i didn't really want to go but it would look off if i didn't. Lerato took an Uber back to Shaka's place .
●●●
"Why are they taking so damn long" Stembiso says with both his hands cupping his face.
"Baby you heard the doctor, they still examining her"
As soon as i finish my sentence the doctor walks our way.
Nomzamo stands up like a concerned ex Sister in law bantu.
"Doc how is she"
Stembiso removes his hands from his face and stands up.
" The blood test came out and we have found nothing on her system"
Stembiso breaths out relieved.
"However...."
"However yini manje wena ,you said you found nothing in her system(however what now)"
"Miss Zandile Radebe stopped breathing while we were waiting for the test results"
"Stopped breathing as in like ,shes dead doc"-Nomzamo
The doctor nodds sadly.
I turn my head to hide my little smile and look back at them with a straight face ,i stand up.
"So the baby is dead" MamaStembiso asks also looking a little sad .
The doctor also nods.
I walk to Stembiso and pull him in for a hug and when i break the hug and feel my shoulder is wet , is he crying , for his ex wife.He mustnt dare , but he also lost a baby right so it is possibe that he is crying for the baby not the mother.
"Let me go buy you coffe neh"