🦋-"Zungu family matters

Chapter 39:Becoming

Last week Thursday at 3pm , i got a call from my bestfriend/sister,she was excited couldn't even speak , but i heard the words "im engaged ,he proposed loud and clear".
Yes , Kgotatso the girl who couldn't even last a month in a relationship is engaged to be married , isn't god good.
Khaya and I offered to throw an engagement part more like forced her into it , with my marriage falling apart planning this party got my mind of a few things.Stembiso came back home but he has been sleeping in the guest room ,today we have to pretend to be a happy couple at Kgotatso's engagements boy is that going to be so much fun.
●●●
He kills the engine and gets out the car , we haven't said one word to each other since we got in this car , and honestly i prefer it that way.
"Hey you guys" Khaya says with a smile on his face.
"Buthi unjani"
Stembiso nods at him and gets in the venue.
"Im sick of his attitude i tell you"
"No don't say that ,he lost his baby Busisiwe his going through stuff"
I scoff.
"Stuff?uthi stuff? , im pregnant Khaya and i feel like i am alone in this , okay he lost his baby boo-hoo and then what about this baby , so it not going to have its father in his life just cause Stembiso is still sulking over the death of his evil ex wife and bastard child"
He sighs .
"I understand how you feel ,but calm down today is Kgotatso's day "
I sigh and look up.
"I know ,im sorry lets go inside"
He takes my hand and we enter the venue.
●●●
This engagement party was perfect , my best friend has a smile on her face and thats all that matters well we couldn't stay for the after part cause someone wanted to go home.Stembiso is acting like a baby and its starting to annoy me.
We get home and he kills the engine and before he could even get out.
"Kahle kahle wena , are you mad cause i killed your child noma are you mad cause i killed your Zandile"
I look at him and find him not looking at car wheel ,he turns to look at me.
"Busisiwe not today"
"Haibo wendoda , if not today then when , next week , next year ,when you have healed that your ex wife is dead , gone"
He looks at me looking angry , he must never , who is he angry at? me
"I did this for you , Stembiso , for us"
"For us?"
"Yebo ,Zandile would've have done anything and everything to break us up can't you see , she blackmailed you and made you sleep with her , she's crazy"
"How do you know about that"
I keep quiet for a while thinking about my answer.
He gets out the car and bangs the door in the process.
I get out and follow him ,i find him in the kitchen , making food.
"Your mother killed my parents and you knew"
"She didn't kill them it was a mistake"
"Mistake?" I chuckle
"If that was a mistake then killing your evil ex wife was a mistake too"
He wince like i just said some hurtful words to him.
"Are you even regretful"
I look at him ,okay im sick of this now.
"Voetsek Stembiso, yezwa Voetsek  ,you have killed people before don't make it seem like you this perfect guy ,your mom killed my parents and you knew ,you knew very well ."
I chuckle as i feel tears burning my eyes.
"Im pregnant i should be focusing on my baby but instead im focusing on this broken marriage"
He looks up at me suprised.
"Im also tired of talking about your stupid ex wife , yes i killed her ,is it the end of the world Stembiso and if you care so much , pack your clothes and go live with her yeses ngizwile"
I leave the Kitchen , going to my room which used to be our room and locked the door.