NINE

It was the next morning

7 A.M. on the dot after I had to get up at four to tidy up the house in addition to getting the kids ready for school. Yet the overwhelming anticipation about what was happening was masking my tiredness so much, that I didn't even care.

I was ready for my life to truly begin. 

I couldn't believe how fast everything was suddenly moving. 

One moment I was alone and singing the way I'd always been taught to, then the next...I was the new face of 'The Hollywood Lounge.' I kept pinching myself to make sure this was all real.

To make matters even better...or worse judging by the way his facial expression turned from proudness to pale in a near instant, I had Levi's help to get me there. Though I felt kinda bad. I didn't have a way to help him in return.

I knew he was a songwriter, but the way he kept hiding it so casually like it didn't matter much—yet indulged into it every chance he got, made it seem like he had a hate/love relationship for it.

Hopping off the bus I had taken up here from my neighborhood, I made it to the exact area Levi had written down to visit him at home. But the more I kept approaching closer to his humble abode, I was rather anxious then excited—but a strange mix of both. I had never been in another person's house before. Let alone a white man's.

Just by peering around at the scenic view, it was far different than what my family had. More structured and put together. Yet, no one was hardly out here enjoying the sunshine unlike my folks who would practically live outside if they could.

But yet, it was quiet and quaint.

Heading up the steps to his apartment building door, I started to ring the bell sighing nervously but overall ready to get to work. Instead however, the door already opened and another man walked out of it staring at me oddly.

"Oh, hello sir! I'm here to see a friend! Levi Janson. He lives in the building and gave me his address." I told him, about to move past. Although still eyeing me like I was the crazy one, moving in the same direction I did to prevent me from entering—I already knew why. "Sir! I come in peace! Please?" I pleaded.

Grunting to himself, he finally decided to move and rushed away as I shook my head.

Did he need me to tell him my name and social security number too?

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

The sound of the tea pouring out into the adorably designed floral cup as I held the saucer carefully on his dining table, Levi kept eying me with a shying expression—fully dressed and ready to get to work as well. I was sitting in one of the hand carved wooden chairs in his gorgeous and cozy living room, admiring each little touch that shouted his personality.