FOURTEEN

After another week of continuous rising success, I hopped off the stage nearly exhausted

After another week of continuous rising success, I hopped off the stage nearly exhausted. Levi helped me down while others praised and clapped for us proudly.

"And another one down Miss Hart!" Levi shouted, spinning me around through the dance floor to get to the other side of the bustling crowd of others.

The songs on the radio started to play as I smiled to myself at how—now that I thought about it, a gift sent from heaven if it meant I could rest up a little bit on my vocal and definitely my body.

It was like I kept running an unending marathon.

But I ain't gonna complain. It has been some of the best times of my life. Seeing a man like Levi though was just a nice little perk I could get used to. "Well I obviously couldn't have done it without my new partner in crime, Mr. Janson." I professed. "Seriously, ya like a miracle worker when it comes to songwriting."

"Trust me, I didn't used to be this good as much as some say. I guess I just have an incredible muse now keeping me on my toes." He said, handing me a cup of water.

I nodded and smirked to myself. I could guess who. "Is it ya gal?"

He smugly looked at me and shook his head . "Actually, no. Maybe ya can say she's someone... possibly better."

I blushed, turning a bit away from him. Was he describing me? Oh, I wished he didn't say things like that so freely and unbothered. It only made me start to want him more and more as the days went by. 

And yes, the feelings were surely there after our little hug a week ago.

I knew it was horrible of me to be practically desiring after another gal's man, and I hated myself for it. But yet, I couldn't help it. The more time we spent together, the more my thoughts wandered shockingly wild at night. 

Like a lot

Sometimes in ways that I began to moan in my sleep at some of the crazy dreams of his palms searching my body—aching for him to be all over me from top to bottom without stopping while trying to secretly remain quiet. 

That is until Joy even questioned it one night. 

I had to quickly rush to explain it was just a side effect of the new job taking a toll on my head...and it was. Thankfully though, she ain't old enough to pester me going into further details on it.

"Ah rhatz! I should've known it was Rochelle." I joked, snapping my fingers.

He laughed, pushing me playfully to the side as I joined along. "Don't make me dislike ya again."

"I thought ya never did." I jokingly reminded him, now walking backwards.

"Or maybe I just wanted to see a pretty face like yours look so pissed." He then grinned as my thoughts started wandering again. But instead of the excessive moaning, it turned into clumsiness apparently as I suddenly bump into someone from behind.