THIRTY THREE

Recording tracks felt so time consuming

Now of course, I was eternally grateful I even had this opportunity to possibly make something more out of my life. Become a household name for those who needed it the most.

But this was the first time in my life I was ever away from my family for so long.

Oh, I hope they were doing swell—even if I did make it on time every other night except for this one. It was the only thing for the past twelve hours eating me up inside over a number of other things.

How did they feel about me being gone for a while? Did Mama get up and find out I was missing? Did my neighbor make it over there in time?

Honestly, I just wanted to get home now and count down the seconds I'd be able to see my man again by tomorrow at work—after Jake kept insisting these would have to be private sessions with just us. Rochelle had graciously gave me the week off with only the words 'of course,' in almost what sounded like a bit of sadness—as if she wasn't ready to let me go if things looked well and took off, but knew she didn't want to hold me back from reaching my full potential either.

It still didn't seem right to be here and doing this with Jake without Levi, or be away from him for long either. He was the glue that kept me together professionally and personally.

I hardly knew anything about Jake except for how much he could make me a star.

But yet, the way he kept eying me this entire time, it was like he'd knew me his whole life.

Though none of it mattered right now anymore. It was finally time to go home the moment I let out my last chord, and I had another plan to see Levi after all. Tonight.

Although I ain't gonna stay too long, it was surely gonna be enough for me if it meant for his body and lips on mine like I had been daydreaming about all day. Oh, who was I kidding? All week.

"And that's a wrap! Excellent job Miss Hart! You sound simply divine doll! Like always though, with my help." Jake shouted happily from outside the sound room I had been in.

That was also kinda strange to me. Only Levi always called me that.

To hear it from this fella as well...it just didn't feel the same. But I guess it was just a term of endearment for him, considering he was calling nearly every woman he passed.

"Great! So is that about it, then?" I wondered, smiling kindly to the band they had accompany me, leaving.

It was another thing that just felt so wrong.

If I knew there would be a live band playing here, I would've ran to Levi and made sure he was a part of it playing the piano like he loved. However, Jake never told me that until after I got here and stated that it was imperative that they had to use only their own men to record the songs Levi had written for me.