THIRTY SEVEN

Rushing through the streets of Sunset Blvd, I soon landed at the side entrance as instructed to the Columbia Records building, taking a final deep breath in before preparing myself for my life about to change the moment I entered

I just hoped they would at least wait for Levi to arrive so we could sign the forms together— proving that even though he was barely around for the whole process, his incredible hard work would finally get the recognition it deserved.

And maybe also to tell him the only words that were even more important than that.

I love him.

I could only pray that he would understand that and see the mistake I had made, pushing him so far and away. Maybe he would forgive me, so we could start being together and happy again. Not even caring about what the future held for our rights to freely love, but taking in how much we meant to each other right now.

"Look who decided to come after all?" I soon heard Jake's voice chime out nearby.

Following his voice, I spun my head toward him while he leaned against the now open door, smiling in such a kind and confident way at me.

Giving him the same look back, I sighed happily. "Sorry again Jake! But I hope I'm not too terribly late." I tried to plead.

He then chuckled, shaking his head. "Are you kidding? I'm really glad you're here with me at all..." He trailed off eyeing me carefully, before holding out his hand. "Come on, don't be a stranger to me now. Allow me to show you the way, Miss Hart."

Nodding in agreement while staring at his available palm, I rushed over to him and took it in mine as he then pulled me into a big hug—lifting me in place until finally setting me down.

And just like that, we both went inside awaiting what was next for my fate.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

"Wow, Mr. Johnson I'm impressed."

Jake closed the door to the meeting room that looked awfully like some sort of a private room they kept scattered through the building for artists breaks and such.

It was assorted with an array of quick snacks, food, and champagne—all laid out so beautifully. The lights nearly dim.

A romantic setting indeed, but certainly not the fit we were going for at all. I truly wondered how anyone would hardly see anything here. I'm sure though it will be shortly adjusted.

I was becoming even more nervous than ever before, hoping my skin color wouldn't be a roadblock from meeting the men that he promised would be present in any minute.

I just wish Levi would get her a lot quicker if he wanted to see them too. Once he finally accepts all there is to offer according to Jake's vision, he'll be over the moon happy for our soon to be overwhelming success.