FORTY

After a few weeks of the traumatic events transpiring, things were definitely looking up for the better now

My family became happier than ever.

Levi's parents were surprisingly kind and sweet toward me after all. They even got my Mama a wheelchair that we could never afford, just so she could get out every once and a while and as a peace offering for their unruly behavior from before.

She was surely having fun with it and her depression was getting better too.

Her and my siblings were now finally able to come by the speakeasy once Rochelle closed the lounge for one day only—so everyone could see what me and Levi really did and loved.

So, as I watched the kids dance the day away together from the song we both were singing now—having the time of their lives, I could see my Mama and his folks chatting up with Rochelle, having a couple of drinks themselves Levi had whipped up.

"So this is what the kids call a speakeasy?" Mrs. Janson let out smiling, fascinated at all the decorations and ambiance.

My Mama laughed, nodding. "I know. It seems almost unreal...but the power of music sure knows how to do that to ya too." She admired the performance.

"So this is what you people love so much, huh?" Mr. Janson added, agreeing.

"You people?" Rochelle then raised her eyebrows up toward him.

He genuinely then defensively put his hands up, with his eyes widening with honest confusion and fear in his eyes. "I meant music lovers like my son!"

Everyone around him then laughed again, nodding knowing he did. "Don't ya worry Paul. You're still learning." Rochelle spoke.

"Peter."

"Oh, you know what I meant."

My Mama smirked, shaking her head teasingly. "And maybe you and your son can both learn how to make meals too. Have ya ever tasted how the boy seasons food?"

"Hey! I taught him how." His Mother then offend, uttered out.

"Oh...so it is a family thing, huh?" Mama said as it all suddenly made sense.

With that, Mrs. Johnson nodded—not disagreeing either.

I laughed as the song wrapped up and Levi spun me around happily, smashing my body into his arms. Joining along as the small but mighty crowd cheered, he then gave me a big, sweet, and loving kiss right on my mouth as the room went wild.

Pulling away and jumping off the stage together, so perfectly in love with a fleet of supporters by our side now hugging us firmly, we ended up back at the bar.

Getting behind it as I sat on the bar stool where we first spoke, I sighed a bit cautiously while he stared at me the same—both knowing there was still one thing that needed to be done.

"Now, are ya sure about this?" He had asked me.

"Yes. I'm ready. Just do it." I confidently requested.

"Positive? I wanna make sure this is really want ya want from me before I do. I wouldn't dream of making ya feel like ya have to."

"Levi, I'm good. I want nothing more in life."

"Okay then...I'll do it." He shyly winced, before quickly making me his favorite cocktail for me to taste for the first time. Once he was done with his usual level of flare, he pushed it over to me. "Alright, go."

Sighing once more I nodded, grabbing the drink in hand and doing exactly that.

But when I did...oh my lord.

Finishing it all in nearly one sitting, his eyes widened before laughing as it became very serious for me—slamming the now empty glass back down.

"Give me three more." I soon demanded.

Honestly, it was the best thing I ever had in my life. Nice to know his hands truly did work wonders elsewhere as well.

Overall, maybe I could be discovered one day. 

But for right now, I have never been happier with my life. And rest assure that this won't be the last that one saw of Ivy Hart and Levi Janson.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it will be the bee's knees.

THE END

And her day will come very soon!!!

AND LET THE CURTAINS CLOSED! Lol

Stick around for the author's note on the next page for a SPECIAL and EXCITING announcement you do NOT want to miss! ;)