ELEVEN

Several rehearsals later of the same song to make sure all the keys were in order—and in range, we were finished twenty minutes before our work time

Now that all was done and my voice was tuned up, I was ready to get to singing alright. 

It just ain't gonna be the song we practiced.

To prove to Levi that he was also wildly talented and to show others what kind of talent he possessed, I was gonna perform one of his masterpieces of work instead. It was the only way I could to make him not flounder at the chance of following his dreams.

So my debut will become his too.

Walking out of the apartment complex without any other onlookers thinking I was about to rob someone just by my smile, I was becoming incredibly happy about the whole idea as it started to really sink in.

Me a singer? A real one too with a band playing and everything.

I'll be able to hopefully touch others' hearts when they need it most through song—no matter what they're going through. I'll be able to convey all my love and emotions from the things I've seen, to let others know if they're dealing with bad things in their life too...they are not alone. 

What could be better than that?

"Now don't be nervous!" Levi kept buttering me up with compliments and courage.

"I won't!" I promised.

"And remember if ya need to take a moment to do some extra vocal warmups, by all means do so to prevent straining ya voice in any way!"

That was the few things about the technical side of music that I did know. "I will!" I shouted again confidently.

"A-a-and if anyone starts to mess with ya or tell ya to get off the stage, don't even think about listening to them, because I'll be the loudest one in the room rooting for ya little doll! Keep ya eyes on me even, if ya want."

I giggle secretly to myself. By the way he kept speaking to me, I was rather touched. Like someone in my life finally and truly cared. I loved it. It made me feel like I could do this as long as I had him cheering me on. It just felt so natural.

"Yes Levi, yes." I told him smirking as he started to walk aside of me. I then put my hand on his shoulders, smiling kindly as the shockwaves consumed my body. "Now will ya quit worrying?" 

He was starting to become more on edge about me sharing my joy to the world than I was.

"You're right. Right. Sorry. I uh...I just really want ya to do well like I know ya can." He affirmed, staring closely into my eyes.

I grinned happily doing the same. To go even further, I wanted to wrap my arms around his body now and give him a giant hug. But in this area, who knew what more would happen if I tried?