3. Meeting the Pillars

Do I want to meet them? You think to yourself for a moment.

'My rank within the demon slayer core is not high enough to meet the hashira. I am not worthy.'

You want to meet them so satisfy your curiosity, but you know that being a low ranked mizinoe, you are lucky to have come in contact with just one. You meet eyes with Ms.Kocho and she smiles.

"I'll take you to meet them y/n-san~ as a hashira it is my job to help my fellow corps members"

.
.
The following day

You secure your hilt to your belt and adjust your haori one last time. You walk down the long hall and see Ms.Kocho waiting for you; she flashes you a kind smile. You fidget with the end of your sleeve nervously, but you continue to move down the hallway.

"We have a meeting today with the master, but do not worry. He has already given me permission to bring you to this meeting."

The master has allowed me to attend a hashira meeting......? You furrow your brows and ponder as to why he would allow such a low ranking member to attend a pillar meeting. Shinobu must have noticed your concern. She reaches out to grab your hands, but before she can touch them, you recoil backwards. She looks at you perplexed for a moment before her light smile reappears. You make eye contact, and you scramble the words of apology in your head. As you open your mouth to apologize profusely you are cut off.

"Let's go y/n-san, the master is waiting."

You follow her at a comfortable distance and exit the house. Reaching the front gate you see three little girls each with their own butterfly hair accessories. They all smile wide and greet the insect pillar. Ms.Kocho smiles brightly back and tells them to keep working hard.

- - - - - - - - - - Y/N Pov - - - - - - - - - -

As we are walking I take in the scenery. The breeze is cool against my face and the trees sway peacefully in the wind. Ms.Kocho looks ahead, never once looking back at me. The insect pillar is a mystery to me so far. She looks so calm and happy on the outside, but every time she speaks of demons or injuries I can hear her resentment and anger in every word.

.
.

Before long, we reach the masters mansion. The wisteria trees are in full bloom, the flowers seem to be glowing. It must just be the sun hitting them perfectly. As we approach I see a beautiful stone zen garden, it looks as if tranquility was made into this garden. The sounds of talking catches me off guard. I can hear them, but not see them yet. I become anxious once more and I feel my breathe become ragged and fast. Ms.Kocho looks back at me and mouths the words 'it'll be all right' and flashes me one of her signature smiles before turning and walking forwards again.

There are 8 people in my view, each of them unique in their own way. I would expect nothing less from the hashira, they are incredibly powerful. Ms.Kocho approaches first and greets everyone warmly. I clutch my sleeve and follow her, my heart beating faster and faster with every step. The pillars have noticed my presence.. I walk faster to catch up to her bowing and quietly greeting each hashira as I go.

"Y/N-san would you mind standing over here with me~"

Ms.Kocho called out to me and I immediately follow her request and stand on her left. I try to keep my heart from pounding out of my chest and distract myself by admiring the garden. As I look around at the beautiful plants scattered throughout this safe haven I feel multiple eyes on me. If looks could kill, I would be dead multiple times over.