28. Oh? Oh.

The smell of the air is like every other book store you've been too. Fresh paper books, a dull, dusty smell. You quickly glance at the shelves as Giyuu keeps leading you farther back into the store, it seems to be organized by type of book.

'You seem to know exactly where you're going. Come here often?'

Giyuu stops and enters two rows, he quickly glances down the row until he seemingly finds what he is looking for.

"Yes. I come here quite frequently."

You start to glance at the books adorning the shelves as you ponder his words. A pale green covered book catches your eye.

'Find a lot of good books here?'

He grabs a tan covered book off the second shelf and opens it to the first few pages. You try to catch what the book is about, but you're too far away.

"Only a couple, but I thought you would like the books here more."

You chuckle and place the book back on the shelf before picking another one.

'Why do you think that?'

He subtly takes a step closer to you as you glance at him briefly.

"The books here suit your interests."

You read the inside cover of the book in your hands. It's dedicated to the authors wife.

What a sweet man..

'Oh yeah? And exactly what are my interests?'

You decided to be a little snarky with him, hopefully he takes the bait.

He lowers his hands and turns to face you. You follow suit, mimicking his actions. You smile at him cockily, a puff of air coming from your nostrils.

He thinks for a moment, before meeting your eyes. You see his ears turn a bit pink, but don't question it.

He must be thinking really hard, I mean, he probably doesn't remember what I like to read anyways and is trying to-

Your thoughts are interrupted when he takes a step closer to you, closing the distance and leaving just enough space for him to look down at you. Your eyes widen in confusion at the intrusion of your space.

"You like romance, and based off of the collection you have at Mitsuri's house, I'd say specifically the more..." he chuckles to himself before leaning down closer to your face, "... explicit ones."

You backup and hit your shoulders against the shelf. It stings almost, but you quickly redirect your attention to Giyuu again. You can feel the overwhelming heat radiating off of your face, but try to focus on what to say next.

'H-How do you know that??'

He maintains a couple feet of distance now as he analyzes every micro expression you make. You try to calm your thoughts and cool your face.

Giyuu watched your face turn from embarrassed to serious and he can't help but laugh. One of his hands holds the book at his side, and the other is clutched over his abdomen as he laughs loudly.

Your posture loosens up as you watch him carefully. He hunches forwards just a little as he continues to laugh.

What a bastard!

You scrunch up your face and put the book you are holding back on a shelf. As you face him again, he lifts his head and you can see what seems to be tears in the corner of his eyes. He lets out a couple more soft chuckles before wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.