6. Training Begins!

You focus on your breathing, in and out trying to stay in sync and keep it constant. As you start to nod off, you are hit once again.

"You stopped."

You open your eyes and huff. This is too much. I can't do it. You start total concentration again, this time determined to maintain it. You close your eyes and begin to fall asleep.

Narrator Pov

Giyuu looks to y/n and watches her drift off into sleep. He begins to lift the wooden stick, but y/n maintains total concentration breathing. He lowers the stick and places it on the end table quietly. He listens for any signs of change in her breathing, but there is nothing.

The wind slowly blows in through the window, the sound of a ravens wings flapping in the distance causes Giyuu to turn his head. A crow lands on the windowsill and tilts it's head slightly.

"Orders, orders! Giyuu Tomioka, your next mission is South! South, Southwest! Farmers are disappearing and fast!"

The water pillar nods his head and begins to stand. He places his hand on the hilt of his weapon and adjusts it back into place. He quietly walks across the room and places his hand on the door, gliding it open.

He slides the door closed and heads off to his next mission

.

.

Y/N groaned as the sun shined in through the windows. She blinked multiple times, the sun irritating her eyes as she stirred. She sat up in bed groggily stretching her arms slightly. She looks around the room, her eyes landing on the wooden stick on her bedside table. she remembers being hit with that stick last night and looks around for Giyuu. She sees he is no longer in the room.

Second Person POV

You swing your feet over the side of the bed and stand. Your arms feel stiff as your stretch. I wonder where he went.. probably a new mission. You walk towards the door and slide it open. You turn back into the room and grab your nichirin blade before exiting. You head down the hall and out the patio door. If I continue training hard, maybe I'll become a hashira. You drag the training dummy into the center of the yard before starting your drills.

.
.

You've been swinging your sword at the dummy for hours; you can feel the sweat soaking into your clothes. Your movements are becoming sluggish as the pain starts to hit you. 2997, 2998, 2999, 3000!

You lower your sword to the ground, your right hand lightly grasping the hilt. Your forearm and wrist brush across your forehead and wipe the sweat away. You unbutton the top button on your uniform and fan yourself. Now it's time for a run.

You grab your gourd of water off of the veranda and secure your sword at your side. 4 miles. I can do it! You open the gourd and drink the contents quickly, water dribbles down your face and neck. You replace the cap on the gourd and swipe the water off your face. As you begin your run your mind starts to wander.

Why is the master giving me special treatment? Why are they helping me get stronger? Why am I so special in their eyes? Your head begins to hurt, the questions remain unanswered. The blazing sun above makes the run even more unbearable. Your lungs feel like they are one fire, all of the muscles in your body feel tight. You had only been running for a mile and a half, but the pain is too much. You begin to slow down and stop to catch your breathe. You place your hands on your knees and lean slightly forwards.

Why am I so weak right now? Maybe that battle was harsher on my body than I thought...

"Y/N? Is that you?"

You look towards the direction of the voice, meeting eyes with the flame pillar. Still trying to recover your breathe, you muster up the strength to wave your hand at him. He walks a few steps closer and squats down in front of you. He tilts his head to the side and smiles up at you. Your eyes widen, you stand back up straight and step backwards. Still crouched on the ground, he begins to speak

"Out training today? You're not working yourself too hard, right? You're still recovering."

You look to him surprised for a moment before wiping the sweat from your face. You smile lightly at him.

'I'm working my hardest to become stronger. I don't want to disappoint the master anymore than I have. I'll become a hashira like you before long, just you watch!'

He raises himself off the ground and gives you a knowing smile.

"I'll be waiting for that day! You trained under me and I would expect no less."

Your lungs no longer hurt and you stretch your legs out.

'I should get back to my training. It was nice seeing you Rengoku!'

As you turn away and start your run again you hear him call out behind you.

"If you're willing, I can train you again y/n as my tsuguko, and call me Kyojuro!"

You stop and look back to him, slightly surprised. He smiles at you brightly and your face softens.

'I would be more than grateful Kyojuro!'

You wave to him quickly before beginning your run again. Such a kind sound. I can tell he genuinely meant what he said. You smile to yourself and push to run even faster. I think I can actually become stronger!