12. Kind Soul

Hello! Before we begin this chapter I would just like to clarify and state a couple things.

1. This story will not be following the original storyline. There will be a few overlapping sections, but most major points will be different.

2. Giyuu is a little over half a year older than (y/n)

3. I will NOT be killing off the hashira

4. Giyuu and (y/n) are both 19 at the beginning of this story

5. This is a slow burn, and there will not be major changes in character one chapter after another

6. Although (y/n) doesn't have all of her memories, she still remembers that she had family. She also remembers how her mother's aunt and uncle took her in and treated her like a slave.

7. (Y/n)'s story is quite sad, but through time and effort, things get better :)

That's all I really wanted to say, an I apologize if above statements make you unhappy. The direction of the story that I want to take is long and tough, and although the story will have a happy ending, it will be Bitter Sweet.

Before I forget, Giyuu will have a rival for (y/n)'s time and affection! Anyways, thank you as always for reading my story! Enjoy!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

(3 months later)

Mitsuri has been letting you stay at her estate for the last month and a half. She offered to take you in when she found out that you didn't have a home to go back to. You've been training with Kyojuro and Giyuu whenever you weren't on missions.

Progress to getting your memories back has been slow, but you have small bits and pieces now. You remember more of your training with a young Mitsuri and Kyojuro, and you remember your family. Your parents were always kind people, and they loved your dearly. Your father taught you water breathing and he helped you develop the Ice Breathing style you use now. Your mother was a beautiful woman and the fabrics she made where stunning.

You remember the happier times with your brother, and you remember the day he came back from final selection. He was a bruised and bandages mess, but he never let his smile fade. You cried so much that your eyes were puffy.

You've moved up in the ranks a little, you're a Kanoe, and sometimes when you return to Mitsuri after a hard mission, if she's home, she'll greet you with a bright smile and a warm hug. When you come home battered and bruised she'll clean your wounds up and make you large meals. You never realized that you enjoyed being around people so much.

You continue to bond with your old friends, and sometimes, Mitsuri on Kyojuro will challenge you to an eating contest, but you always come in last. It makes you happy to see them happy.

.
.

You've grown attached to the water pillar, but he is still as closed off as the day you met him. Although your hearing is better now, you can't always tell what he's feeling.

"Y/N, I'm hoooommeeeee!"

You turn your head towards the veranda and smile when you see Mitsuri approaching. You extend your arms out and close your eyes. Mitsuri snakes her arms around your sides and pulls you up into a hug. She squeezes quite harshly but you've grown accustomed to the pain.

'Welcome home Mitsuri, I'm glad to see you're back safe.'

She sets you down and you un-tense your muscles. You look behind her and see Iguro standing on the shaded veranda. You wave to him lightly.