Chapter- 36( No more fights?)

Aisha's POV

My brain and heart never cop-orated in any situation before. Unfortunately, right now when I had to push Himnish away. My heart started dancing, a duo with my brain!

I know I don't make sense...Nah, I think I make sense slightly...

I didn't regret sending Himnish away, because if both of them would have been together... god knows what would have happened!

After our cab ride, Harshit didn't even look at me once. He goes around, acting like I'm his puppet or something, and then, boom! I don't even exist for him. It's not like I didn't try to talk to him, I did ask how are you feeling and all but he just ignored me! His fist was clenched all the time like he was ready to punch someone... I didn't want to be that someone!

We got into the hospital and got him treated. The doctors asked him to stay for a night until the reports come, but hey! Can Harshit ever listen?.. NEVER

So here we are, outside the Hospital, waiting for the cab. I'm standing right outside the front door while Harshit is seating on the bench on my left. His forehead is covered with a bandage, just like his left elbow. His cheek cut wasn't a big deal in the Harshit dictionary so he didn't cover it. I wanted to talk to him about..earlier when we..kinda...hugged..? It's just too much to accept that I kinda liked it...

His head is being supported by the wall at the back, his eyes are closed and his hands are resting on his thighs. His chest is rising slowly, which means he's breathing. He didn't even take any painkillers because he didn't feel it. His words, not mine

"Stop staring, Aisha" his voice made me jump slightly while his hands rubbed his face and then he opened his eyes. staring right back at me, "It's not good manners"

"Huh, like you know what good manners are" he chuckled a little in response. I turned around facing him while titling m head, "You think you are all macho and don't need any painkiller-" I took steps towards him and bent down to his level until we were face to face,"- but spoiler alert Harshit, you are a human too. So trying to hide your pain behind those useless words isn't gonna work. at least not on me"

We were so close, I could practically feel his breath on my face yet we dared to break our contact. He smirked and licked his upper lips until he stood up the absurdity," Thanks for the show Aisha, but I'm not interested"

I raised my brow until his words made sense, Oh no I looked down only to realize I'm wearing a high-neck sweater! His laughter bought me back to reality, "Got you!" that's all he said between his laughter. I swear I wanted to throw some comment back but after seeing him laugh like this, I couldn't stop smiling.

He's been through enough for today.

His laugh was fading away as soon as he started noticing my smile. I took steps forwards, unconsciously, and poked his cheek where his dimple was showing, "I thought I'll never see them again"

He chuckled at my words, "Aisha, are you high?"

Maybe I'm

"NOOO" I moved back and shook my head, containing my smile until my lips threw the most unexpected words out of my mouth, "It's not my fault your dimples are hot"

My eyes widened so does Harshit's," MY dimples are Hot?" he started laughing again, "That's the most absurd compliment I've ever got!"

I started laughing again, people went in and out of the hospital, all of them staring at us, laughing in the middle. The cab honked at us, and we were somehow able to control our laughs.

Harshit signaled me to get in first so I did and then we slide in, "They'll never let us in again"

"I know!" I exclaimed and threw my hands in the air while chuckling, then I looked at him already gazing at me," This is much nicer than fighting all the time".

"I agree" I nod in response and then held out my hand," No more fighting then?"

He chuckled then looked me in the eyes, "No more fights" We shook a handshake but didn't withdraw our hands. We looked at each other like the first time we actually saw each other. It felt nice to see his genuine smile, his dimple-popping smile rather than his stupid smirk face. Even after his forehead was covered with bandages and his cheek cut was visible, He was cute, a hot cute but still cut.

Hopefully this time, we won't fight.

****

The cab dropped us in front of the cafe or Harshit's uncle's cafe. I tried to get his house address out of him but he didn't budge. Stubborn idiot.

So here we are, sitting opposite to each other inside the cafe waiting for his uncle to show up. I'm scrolling down Himnish's messages, waiting for the new one to pop in, anytime now.

"Waiting for someone's message?" Harshit's voice broke my constant scrolling. I looked up from my phone only to find Harshit's annoyed face. I didn't even do anything!

"hmm, naah!" I shut my phone and put it inside my purse, "Just scrolling insta" I turned to him and smiled," so I guess I should get going now"

"Why?" his backbone straightened and his eyes widened.

I chuckled at his response, "Harshit, I have a home too. I gotta go there and make sure everything's not a mess" I stood up and held my hand out for a handshake, "Till we meet again"

"You are not gonna come coaching tomorrow?" he stood up too and looked at my hand and then at my face.

"Naah. I'm not coming back" I whispered the last part and started retrieving my hand until Harshit held my hand with both of his palms, "Why?"

I looked at our hands, perfectly colliding between each other, and then at his eyes. He looked hurt at my response, "Come back, Aisha"

"Not after what happened" I shook my head and continued," After my so-called psychotic breakdown, I'm pretty sure everyone is already calling me Pysco. I don't want to hear that...not on my face at least" I chuckled a little unable to make eye contact and let him see my watery eyes.

"Hey" he put a finger under my chin and made me look him into his eyes," No one will dare to badmouth you, even at your back."

A tear escaped my eyes until Harshit's thumb caught it and cupped my face, "Just come back, I don't have anyone to make fun of"

That made me laugh," You stupid idiot!" I slapped his arm and pushed him away, "You want a front seat of teasing me na"

He chuckled at my response," The only seat, Aisha" I smiled at him, "Fine I'll come tomorrow but if anything goes downtown, I'm running"

"if anyone would be running will be those who say a word against you"

Oh my...

"Enough with dialogues, Mr. Kapoor" I waved a hand to him, "Bye-bye now"

I got out through the front door, not until I heard him say, "See you soon!"

A smile constantly plastered on my face until I walked home. Being friends with Harshit will be interesting, that's for sure!