Chapter 9

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

I woke up bright and early and went for a morning jog around my complex just to clear my mind then went to the gym in my complex that opens early and started working out. It felt really good.

After working out I went to take a shower and performed my morning routine. I lotioned my body and wore a plain white oversized shirt with grey sweat shorts, long white socks and my white and black jordans.

I go to my kitchen and make my granola and eat. After eating I head to my car and drive to Wits.

'Hi this is Mo and you're live on Metro fm. How are you doing on this beautiful morning?'

Yammy: Hi, Yamkela here, but people call me Yammy and I'm doing great!

Mo: That's awesome, so where are you right now, are you headed to school, work?

Yammy: To school, im actually attending at Wits.

Mo: Wonderful so whats your spiritual fix request?

Yammy: Please play Sponky ponky by Jabu Khanyile as my spiritual fix. Just trying to spread some love, some true, genuine love out there.

Mo: Ah, one of my favourite songs, now playing Sponky ponky by Jabu Khanyile as your spiritual fix from Yammy and is dedicated to love.

I parked my car and headed to my first class. On my way to class our Dean headed straight towards me.

Dean: Olivia hi, are you okay? I came looking for you yesterday but was told that you weren't here.

Yammy: Good morning Sir. I wasn't feeling too well yesterday but I'm here now and feeling better than ever.

Dean: That's what I like to hear. Walk with me.

I oblige.

Dean: I have some good news for you. Have
you heard of Molo Inc. ?

Yammy: Of course, they are the 2nd leading technology brand in the whole world. And similarly offer their services to millions and millions of people across the world. I actually did a short thesis last year on their new innovative and advanced projects, especially the project where they are planning to build well functioning toilets for countries up in East Africa. Their scientists came up with a whole new toilet design, but not much information has been released with regards to that but I'm definitely following it. Its quite remarkable sir.

Dean: Indeed, im glad that you've took the initiative to still follow up on it outside of these grounds. Keeping track with the latest technological developments is key in our line of work. With that said...

He stops and looks at me with a smile on his face.

Dean: I'd just like to start off by saying that you posses some really impressive skills and have done wonders in regards to getting recognition in our IT department in bringing in sponsors due to your participation in projects we put you on. You always come up with outstanding ideas which is why I applied for you, to receive a scholarship from their headquarters in SA. They were quite impressed and are already keen on getting you involved in a project of their own.