Chapter 22

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

Once I reach my new apartment, I park my car and take a moment to pray and thank God for a safe trip as well as inform my family about my arrival.

I take a deep breath and slowly open my car door and take out the few things I brought with me. I walk to my door and stand there for a while. I then unlock the door and open it with my heart beating out of my chest.

I take the first few steps into the house and look around. Everything looks the way it was when I first came to view it with my parents.
Its a white dominated apartment with brown wooden details, filled with mini trees, flowers and different types of plants.

I slowly make my way out to the balcony while running my hands softly along the furniture.

I open my balcony sliding door and step out as the cold wind immediately hits my skin. I don't focus on the cold but rather the breathtaking view in front of me.

This was one of the major reasons I chose this apartment because of the view of the beautiful ocean before me. I take a deep breathe and inhale the fresh air as I watch and listen to the infinite waves.

I will definitely be spending most of my time out here. I'll just have to get used to this weather cause I know that it's really windy this side for obvious reasons.

I hear a knock on my door. That's odd, maybe it's security.
I cautiously make my way to the door and open only to find my aunt standing there.

Yammy: Am I dreaming?

MaVilakazi: No my child, aren't you going to let me in? Its really chilly out here.

I step away from the door, with a confused expression on my face.

MaVilakazi: Don't just stand there, come.

I walk up to her and sit next to her.
She looks at me with a heart warming smile.
I walk up to my room and grab a blanket since everything is already here.
I walk back downstairs and cuddle next to her, with her holding me in her arms with my head layed on her chest.

MaVilakazi: How was your trip nana?

Yammy: It was...interesting.

MaVilakazi: Oh really? tell me about it.

Yammy: Well at first, It was okay but along the way, I had anxiety so I started stress eating, which led to me throwing up a lot. I just kept buying food then...

What she says next catches me completely and utterly off-guard.

MaVilakazi: When last did you have your period?

Tf?

Yammy: I...don't remember. They are irregular.

She places her hands onto my belly and gives me a weak smile.

I jump up.

Yammy: No! I'm on the 3 year injection!

I take deep breathes, I feel like I'm suffocating.