Chapter 39

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals 

I wake up and watch how the sun's rays subtly illuminate the room with the little fine particles dancing around them just as gently.
My eyes trail down to my stomach where his hands are safely securing me. I place my hands onto my stomach as well and the feeling of love and serenity immediately engulfs me, it's almost foreign at this point but good in a way. I only now realise how big my baby bump really is as If I might pop at any point now.
I take a deep breathe and whisper.

Yammy: It's a brand new day baby, a brand new start to the rest of our lives. Mommy is sorry for everything she put you through. Forgive me...

I sigh and turn around to face Funo.
I trace my fingers over his features and smile to my self.
I thank God for this man before me who has never left my side even though I put him through hell. I don't know what the future holds for us but...

He smiles startling me.

Lufuno: Eh eh Ndimini? ( What's wrong?)

He says with a playful grin on his face and then pecks me with his eyes still closed.

His voice.

I lose my own voice and just stare at him anticipating his eyes to open while admiring him.

Lufuno: Take a picture it lasts longer love.

I chuckle.

Yammy: If thats permission to take loads of pictures of you then by all means...

Lufuno: On second thought...

Yammy: Nope done deal.

His eyes finally meet mine and my body's immediately decorated with goosebumps.

Lufuno: Morning love.

Yammy: ...

Lufuno: Still mute till today huh?

Yammy: No I'm not its you.

Lufuno: Me? What did I do? Enlighten me.

Yammy: You just...make me feel like a teenage kid falling in love for the very first time again and you make me feel weird feelings and it's annoying cause I can't control it. I mean I'm way too old to be acting like this but I can't help it.

I huff.

He pulls me closer.

Lufuno: I love how your body responds to me, your mind and heart as well. I feel it everytime I'm with you or away from you and don't think there's anything wrong with that. Its actually a beautiful thing my sweet Olivia. It's called love.

Yammy: I love you Funo, so much.

I give him a bear hug or at least attempt to with my tummy in the way.

Lufuno: I love you and you (kisses my baby bump) too sweetheart.

We suddenly hear a soft knock on the door.
I quickly wear his shirt and sit next to him against the headboard and look at his bare chest. The things I had planned for us mmmh.

Lufuno: Jenani. (Come in)

The door swings open and his son walks in with the most adorable shy smile on his face.

' Nda.' ( Greetings.)

Lufuno: Yes boy boy bo vhuwa hani? ( How are you?)

' Ndo vhuwa shwabodi.' ( I'm doing good.)

I watch him scratch his tiny head and squirm while standing at the door and I look at Lufuno and he's looking at me too.

That's all I needed.