Chapter 40

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals 

The last couple of days have been blissful to say the least. Lufuno has been by my side through it all and has continued to love and care for me unconditionally. I've even formed a bond with well...our son... within this short period of time and we've become well attached to each other.

I did have a conversation with Lufuno with regards to his mother, well his blood mother that is because this woman is no mother to my son. She was apparently a one night stand who happened to fall pregnant. According to my understanding she was in her early 20's and still dependent on her parents. I'll put it straight. She's just some spoilt girl who does drugs and won't grow up and so she dumped Rophi with Lufuno and went on about her miserable life.
Rophi doesn't know her but Lufuno has done a wonderful job in raising him and I promise to do just that and always be there for him.

I'm currently seated on a nice and soft comfy couch in this white room filled with paintings and portraits. But the one I'm looking at right now is a perfectly captured picture of Lufuno and I the day of the kidnapping.
The picture is perfect and I'm just humbled and immensely grateful that my baby survived the entire ordeal.
I gently caress my belly as I get lost in the events of that particular day and then it hits me.
Lufuno along with his bothers distinctly mentioned how they are the ones who saved me.
How didn't It click to me ealier and how did they...

Rophiwa: She's growing bigger everyday, I can't wait to play with her.

He says while rubbing my belly ever so gently with the biggest smile on his face accompanied by those cute enlarged eyes of his.

Yammy: Oh so you won't mind braiding her hair? And playing with dolls and...

Rophiwa: Yes yes and yes I will. I'm her big brother I will do anything to make sure she is happy! You too mommy....mmmh

He says while looking up to the ceiling in a thinking gesture.

Rophiwa: Do you want me to massage your feet like daddy does?

Argh my heart.

Yammy: No don't worry baby mommy's doing just fine okay?

I peck him on the lips and he nods like a little champ.

Yammy: Come let's go watch a movie I'll make us some snacks.

We move to the kitchen.

Rophiwa: Oh no...uh I think I should go check on pops...

Yammy: What why? you don't want me anymore?

I do a sad puppy face.

Rophiwa: No its just that...you've watched that movie, HOME, like a million times this week and it always makes you cry then you use me as a teddy bear and squeeze the life out of me.

Yammy: Haa no fair. That movie is iconic I mean how could you not cry especially the part where she reunites with her mom.

Rophiwa: There you go already crying. You're just like Sibi at school. Everytime I try to talk to her she runs away but when I talk to her friends she cries and gets mad at me.

He has this cute little confused facial expression and I almost laugh.

Yammy: Well baby us girls we're uhm a bit complicated.