Chapter 43

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

Few days later

Mom: Oh mntwana ka gogo, yesh sthandwa sam.( Grannies little baby, yes my love)

Mom was kind enough to help me out with Mulalo till i manage on my own.

Mom: Whats bothering you honey?

Yammy: You know its crazy how just a couple of months ago i was this driven optimist who had her life planned out. I went from that to a mother of 2 beautiful children ma. Truly speaking i wouldn't change it for the world i feel blessed in fact because how many men would put up with what Funo put up with? (Sigh) In the same token ma i still want to live and achieve my goals. I'm coming to understand now that its our goals meaning my family and i. I can't do it without them because i know that they're going to be the one's cheering me on and keeping me going.

Mom: You need to be open and transparent about this with your man. You're building a family now and the only way you'll prosper is by working together and pray. Let god be at the forefront of it all. You're still going to face many challenges but with that platform surely you'll be able to tackle them and prevail.

Baby Mulalo makes baby sounds putting her 2 cents as well into the conversation.

Yammy: Nchoo yess my Lalo you agree with granny dont you?

I peck her tiny face causing her to smile so beautifully.

Yammy: Love you my baby... Ma im going to take a shower.

Mom: Okay baby you'll find me her with this little one.

She continues melting over her.

Once i reach the room i find Lufuno dressing up.
I sigh and go to him and help me as it is a bit challenging for him.
Once we're done i turn to go to the bathroom but he stops me.

Lufuno: Babe come here please so we can talk.

He leads me to the bed.

Yammy: I dont want to fight Funo. Im just tired of the constant anguish within our relationship. I just want us to be transparent with each other with the intent of fixing things. Lets do it for us and those 2 kids who depend on us.

We both sit on the bed facing each other.

Lufuno: Talk to me babe whats wrong?

Yammy: Funo are you a gangster?

He looks down and softly caresses my hands and i just want to hold him. He then looks up again and continues.

Lufuno: Well i run the South African mafia.

Yammy: How'd you get into the mafia in the first place?

He sighs.

Lufuno: I was born into this love. I have a very distinct memory of my childhood. I was just a young boy enjoying my youth completely oblivious to what was happening around me.

I squeeze his hands in reassurance.

Lufuno: All i remember is there was a day where my dad took me on a drive in the woods that led to a secret cabin. Once we entered the cabin i didnt now what it was at first but i soon learned that it was one of his operations. After seeing the things that i saw in there i left that place and was never the same again. Shortly afterwards my training began to take over. It was a gruesome experience. Later my brother Ndivho was initiated as well then Lukahnya and Justin came along and we've stuck together ever since. Unfortunately Phathu willfully joined no matter how much i tried to convince her not to.