Chapter 38

A Month later

Thabo Sithole

I've had the most draining time of my life. The past few months after we found out about Olly and Jasons siblinghood has been very...let's say interesting to say the least.
I've recently had time to just sit down by myself and reflect over everything that has happened. I've had the chance to really think about things and put them into perspective but I'm still battling especially regarding Kgomotso.
I just dont know what the way forward is. I mean naturally I'd have to lean on the forgiving side of the spectrum but i can't seem to reach it. Everytime I try to even think about forgiving her I think about what she put my Olly through and i just get mad all over again.
And yes, I am aware of her condition but like i said, it's a really tricky situation that I find myself in.
On the other hand, Olly's just got a lot on her plate at the moment for me to even think of bombarding her with this mess. Somehow I know without a doubt that she'd want me to fix things with my sister regardless of my mothers interference however it's just not something easy to do. She's a complete stranger at this point. I won't lie and say i tried to get to know her cause I didn't. But we'll see what happens as time goes...

Nomvelo: How was your day?

Thabo: It was okay. Went to the gym, had a few online classes and now i'm at home just chilling. How about you pretty lady? How is the work treating you?

Nomvelo: I'm doing alright baby and work is very tiring I won't lie but I really enjoy helping people so it's all worth it.

Thabo: That's my girl. But you make sure you get your rest okay? I don't know how cause you'll be working a good 24 hours a day askere bo Nomvelo ba phapha. (You're forward)

I laugh.

Nomvelo: Haibo don't start with me. Remember I'm not the one who's going to be sleeping alone in a cold bed at night.

I can just imagine the grin on her face.

Thabo: Ha! You mean a warm bed while you're out in the cold mmh... sucks to be you. But don't worry I'll be warm too waiting for you in bed and guess what imma do when you come back...

Her breathing hitches.

Nomvelo: What are you gonna do?

Thabo: Nothing, askere (isn't it) I'll be sleeping bathong Nono. Ene (And) don't even think about coming near me until o futumala pele otherwise re kasi utlwane. ( Dont even think about coming near me until you get warm or we'll have problems.)

Nomvelo: Haii what did i get myself into. Out of all the guys I went norh, this one is the one. Why ole so mara? ( Why are you like this though?)

Thabo: Byang sweer'eat? ( How sweetheart?)

Nomvelo: Shit before I forget... don't forget to buy the snacks and send them to the institution Okay?

I frown.

Thabo: What are you on about?

Nomvelo: Your sist... Kgomotso. She's at the mental health institute Thabo you put her in there and now you have to take care of her.

I keep quiet. She sighs.

Nomvelo:  Go now and call me back once you're on your way there. I love you bye.

I throw the phone onto the couch and take a moment to mentally prepare myself to see her.

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

I'm so tired. I feel like I've lost my way. Just when i get a glimpse of some sort of way out its overshadowed with darkness and then I just feel stuck and rooted in one place. It seems like everything around me is moving, life is going on but I'm just here stuck in my head trying to get back to the old me the peaceful me but it seems so far fetched at this point as if it never existed.
I feel like I'm losing touch with reality as the days go by and as if I'm falling in a dark hole endlessly with no way out. Well...no easy way out at least.