13. fire alarm

NOVEMBER 18

   It had been a particularly long day for Minho. He was entirely done about halfway through the day, and found it hard to drag himself into each classroom as the day went on and on.

   Though he usually didn't really care much about these sorts of things, honestly, it cheered him up a little bit that Felix seemed to be getting better at a steady pace. He was recovering slowly, leaning on the guys (thankfully, excluding Minho) for support as he returned to his usual, vibrant, smiley self. Literally.

    Felix didn't worry about faking anything; pretending to be fine. He often looked tired and sad, but here and there, he smiled. And those 'here's and there's were usually where he was with his friends.

   Today, there was another one of those 'here's and there's. During their glass blowing class (that most of them just took as a way to get an easy credit), the small group of students stood around a table and listened to their professor explain the next project.

   Most of the other students there were strangers, because the majority of the friend group was suffering through less interesting classes for the last period, but across the table from Minho stood Jisung and Felix. Currently, Minho was subtly watching Felix lean, unashamedly, into Jisung's arms, head on his shoulder. Jisung checked on him, quietly, mouthing, "You okay?"

   Of course, this had to be during the class taught by the professor with the small, weak voice that never really managed to completely fill up a room. That's why Minho could still hear the sound that made his skin crawl.

 That's why Minho could still hear the sound that made his skin crawl

『 ↳✧・゚

the sound of a hand, softly rubbing up and down someone's back. i hate it. sounds like sandpaper... styrofoam...

the worst thing i could do in this situation is to stare directly at the hand, which, out of reflex, is exactly what my dumb eyes do.

immediately i feel so sick to my stomach.

it's not on purpose; it just comes, instantly, right into my head, the thought of feeling that same hand on my back. i turn my whole body away and clutch my stomach.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥  』