(𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖) 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 - 𝟛

˖⁺‧₊˚❆˚₊‧⁺˖

   Seungmin's eyes stung with tears, too, by the time Jeongin finished telling his story. Still, he somehow found room for humor.

    "You mean to tell me that you were in the MAFIA?"

    "Well, now that you mention it... Yeah, I guess. Never really thought about it."

   Honestly, it really cleared some things up.

    "Seriously, though, Innie... I'm so sorry."

    Jeongin shrugged. "Me, too. But, things happen. By now I've learned it's better to find a future than to chase the past." The way Jeongin looked at him when he said the word 'future' made Seungmin's heart contort into painful little shapes, like he was the grinch at the end of the movie when his heart grew three sizes or whatever it was, I can't really remember and I don't feel like looking it up.

    "Shut the frick up." Seungmin wiped his eyes. Jeongin laughed.

    "Now you talk."

    "Right... I guess I'll just go ahead and give my backstory, because that'll explain some things." Seungmin smiled with a shaky exhale. "My story's not as crazy as yours. It's a bit boring, now that I think about it."

    He was snuggled up in a gigantic pile of soft toys, a brand-new coloring book propped up in his lap and soaking up the attention a nearly-seven-year-old had to give.

    "Minnie-baby~" 

     Little, squeaky-voiced, round-cheeked Seungmin looked over his shoulder to find his mother leaning down and smiling brightly at him.

     "Come here, pumpkin. Mommy has something to show you."

     Eagerly, the child exploded out of the pile of stuffed animals and took his mother's hand, skipping beside her and chirping, "Is it a present?"

     "Sort of!"

     She brought him to the kitchen, and helped him onto one of the barstools at the counter, and upon that counter was a strange, fuzzy-looking black and white photograph. Daddy was standing near it, holding a camcorder, for some reason.

     The child looked at it quzzically, but he disregarded it quickly upon deciding that he had no use for such a thing and that it couldn't have been what his mother was showing him. "Where is it, Mommy?"

     "This is it, Minnie. Do you know what it is?"

   The child shook his head.

    "This is a picture of what's inside Mommy's tummy. Looks kinda funny, huh?"

     He nodded.

     "Know what this is?" She pointed to a big white lump on the photograph.

    Again, he shook his head.

    "It's your baby brother."

     He stared up at his mother in wide-mouthed shock. She giggled and gently turned his face toward the camcorder.

     "Surprise!"  Daddy said.

      Seungmin began to shriek with excitement.

     He couldn't sleep that night, because he was still rambling on and on about the hundreds of things he would do with his new little brother, and how he would make sure he never got hurt and never had to eat asparagus like he did, and how he would tell him not to be scared of the thunder and lightning like he used to be.