𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪, 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤. - 4 }

˖⁺‧₊˚❆˚₊‧⁺˖

   "...Wow," Jeongin finally uttered, but the word could not convey the feeling that washed over him, as if he were snatched away the tow by a tidal wave and carried out to an open sea of revelation and satisfaction; sadness and relief. Seungmin... he understood him. They understood each other. Seungmin would never know how it felt to go through his entire childhood deserted and constantly unsafe and fighting to survive, but he knew the same loss, loneliness, and longing that had come over Jeongin's heart like a thick, dark shadow from an age far too young. The pain that came from carrying a ghost along with you, at your side, wherever you went. He knew what it was like to feel like you missed out.

   "I guess we are kinda made for each other, huh?" Jeongin's voice cracked. He tilted his head back, trying to keep from letting any more tears spill out onto his raw cheeks and under-eyelids. The fact that his eyes just kept sending more and more was incredibly annoying. It wasn't helping that Seungmin's eyes had looked ready to spill over ever since he explained how his parents died.

   "No more crying, okay? You'll dry up and get all wrinkly like a raisin," Seungmin insisted. That made Jeongin laugh enough to settle the downpour that was just about to start up again.  "Well, I'm glad we're both on the same page. I don't actually have a crush on you or anything, despite how I acted when we first met. I just didn't know how or when to tell you I wanted to be... there for you, I guess. Even though that sounds dumb and cheesy." Seungmin tried not to be emotional by smiling and laughing a little. It was a shaky laugh. "You tired? We've been sitting here a while."

   Jeongin's head was heavy and aching, mostly because pouring out what seemed to be at least half of the water he had stored up in his body had really taken it out of him. So he pressed his lips together into a line, puffing out his cheeks, and nodded, just slightly. "Yep. I'm going to pass out soon."

    "Come on." Seungmin unplugged the lights on the Christmas tree and shuffled off to other end of the room, but he stopped and looked expectantly at Jeongin to move as he stood at the foot of his queen-sized bed. But Jeongin only cocked his head, clearly confused. "You wanna get in with me or...?" With a hint of awkwardness in his jerky movements, Seungmin nodded toward the bed and pointed to it with his thumb. "It's just— better than the air mattress, y'know? And there's room."

     A warm little smile spread on Jeongin's face as he thought 'yeah, maybe I do'. A moment later he was crawling onto the huge mattress, the blanket Seungmin had draped around him earlier having fallen off his shoulders and piled up on the abandoned air mattress. Seungmin laid down, too, and then they were just side by side, sharing warmth under the blanket, looking sleepily at the ceiling. It was better in Seungmin's bed than on the air mattress. Actually, he'd probably never been in a nicer bed. The mattress was actually soft and squishy.

  Despite the many dark and depressing memories he had sorted through that night, he was still bursting with endless gratitude for his newfound family, and especially for Seungmin. He curled up a little, and shifted partly to his side to rest his head on Seungmin's stomach, feeling incredible amounts of comfort when Seungmin began patting his head. It'd been ages since he felt like this... He forgot what it was like.

   "It's been hard, right?" Seungmin's voice suddenly showed up, filling the silence with a whisper. Jeongin's just-closed eyes opened slowly. "...Being lonely for so long?"

   "...Yeah," Jeongin answered, just as quietly, but more shakily.

    "Hyung understands," Seungmin uttered, softly and warmly, gently running his fingers through Jeongin's hair (which made the younger boy subconsciously melt into him like butter put over a pancake).

   Jeongin was almost being spoken to like a small child, but he really didn't mind it. It soothed the ache of loss and the anxiety of independence that always used to torment him to the point that it all melted away and Jeongin only felt full and finally safe.  "But you don't have to worry about it anymore. I'm gonna take care of you, 'cause now we're brothers."

    He fell asleep to a lullaby for the first time since he was three.

...

why'd i write " sefihsukdj i have to PISS" at the start of this chapter when i wrote it in january 💀

no but seriously if anyone knows any good seungin fics plz give

aside from minsung they're my favorite skz ship,, and no i don't think they actually have romantic feelings for each other in real life because those two give such sibling vibes but i love their dynamic sm and i'd be happy to read a fic where it's romantic too yk?? you get what im saying??

minsung on the other hand... they're so sus that i feel like im reading a fanfic by just watching them interact SDHFSDJKFimjustgoingtopretendlikeididntwatcha3hourminsungcompilationuntil4amandcryforhalfthetimethatdefinitelydidnothappenever

yes.

so that's it! what did you think? are you interested in seeing more seungin at some point? (hint hint)