➔ { 𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙄𝙉 𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙄𝙉: 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕛𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕚𝕟,- 1

┊ ˚➶ 。˚ hello :] !  welcome to my little side series ? side story ? that i have titled seungIN chillIN because i am a creative mastermind. 

(...i hope you can tell that was sarcasm) 

lol really, this is just a deep dive into seungmin and jeongin's relationship. i don't know if any of you guys were curious but i wanted to do it because i have a seungin obsession (in and outside of this story). so i hope you guys don't mind taking a little break from the minsung side of the story for a bit. ✧. ┊    

˖⁺‧₊˚❆˚₊‧⁺˖

    Once they all left, it was just Seungmin and damp, red-faced Jeongin standing alone and quiet by the front door that had just been closed behind Chan, each peering out of the thin, rectangular windows that hugged each side of the door. They lingered together, watching the last of the boys head off and become unrecognizable shapes in the dark.

      When there was no one left in sight, Jeongin let out a shaky sigh.

     "You wanna go upstairs?" Seungmin asked, gently.

    Sniffling, Jeongin nodded. Seungmin placed a hand on his back, softly guiding him. After they shuffled into the bedroom and Seungmin shut the door behind them, Seungmin pulled Jeongin into a hug, and the Jeongin was, for the first time, entirely receptive.

     Seungmin wrapped comforting arms around the younger boy's waist, and rocked them in place slowly, swaying slightly side to side.  "You alright?" he asked, feeling his t-shirt get wetter by the second.

    "Yeah," Jeongin hummed, shakily, his voice a  bit muffled because his face was buried in Seungmin's neck. "I... I wanna stop crying but I can't." He still mustered up the gall to chuckle through a joke. "I guess I'm out of practice."

    Seungmin unlaced his fingers that were previously resting pressed against the small of Jeongin's back, and retracted his arms, which prompted Jeongin to pull his face out of his neck. He led Jeongin to the air mattress that sat a few feet away from the deceptively real-looking Christmas tree that twinkled and cast multicolored streaks of light onto their faces and made Jeongin's drenched cheeks sparkle. He smiled warmly at Jeongin as he put a hand on his shoulder that urged him to sit, then he draped a blanket around the boy's shoulders, and reached for a tissue from the box he kept on his dresser.

    After thoroughly, but very gently, wiping the boy's face, (which he did while ignoring Jeongin's non-stop fussing about how he was "totally capable of wiping [his] own snot" and how "[Seungmin] really didn't need to baby [him]"), Seungmin promised he'd be right back and slipped out of the room. He ran downstairs to grab a bottle of water,  and ran right back up immediately to , because Jeongin was continuously losing liquids at a rapid pace.

   Then, after all that Seungmin sat down with him, and he felt a very cliche-seeming kind of warm and fuzzy when Jeongin leaned on him, tentatively, but trustingly. The younger boy had let his head fall to Seungmin's shoulder in little, hesitating increments, but the look in his eyes when he gazed up at Seungmin after that was overflowing with unconcealed vulnerability.

    The sensation that sprung up in Seungmin's stomach then felt less like butterflies and more like those fluffy-looking caterpillars that crawl around in the spring. And all he wanted was to give the same feeling to Jeongin.

    Seungmin never acted this way— he never comforted people like this, or spoke sweetly and softly to them, or gently wiped their snotty faces for them. But with Jeongin... for once he felt like he could try being honest about the fact that he wasn't always all sass and sarcasm. For once, he could try being soft.

    He tilted his head toward the boy resting over his shoulder so he could speak quietly to him.  "I'm probably about to say the sappiest shit I've ever said in my life... so don't laugh, okay?"

   "I just did that, too, so don't worry."

    Jeongin had a fair point, but at the same time, Seungmin was about to say something a little more... out there.

    "Alright. Well... I wasn't really surprised when you said you're an orphan," Seungmin admitted, because hearing Jeongin announce that to everyone hadn't elicited as much of a breathless, wide-eyed, startled reaction from him as it did from the rest of the boys. For Seungmin it felt more like an explanation than a shock.

     But Jeongin didn't seem to get it, at least not yet. He didn't seem to know how to take something like that, so he just replied, "Huh?"

    It was hard, because Seungmin felt this thing so strongly, but he had no idea how to communicate it. He was only doing his best. He probably would've stopped trying if it weren't for the way that Jeongin peered up at him (totally sideways, since his cheek was pressed against Seungmin's shoulder— it would've been easier for him to just move his head, but he didn't seem to want to) intently, watery eyes brimming with curiosity, instead of just tears.

   "Is it just me, or did you feel... something... when we met?"

    "Yeah, I felt you bump into me," Jeongin chuckled, stopping early to sniffle.

    Seungmin rolled his eyes. "Shut up. You said you wouldn't laugh. I felt like we were supposed to meet." And then Seungmin realized what it sounded like he was saying. Which wasn't what he was trying to say! So he needed to hurry up and get to the point, otherwise things would be awkward— but... how was anyone supposed to put something like this into words?

   "Not to be weird, but like— I took one look at you and thought... we were the same. But in different ways."

    "You're gonna have to explain that a little more."

    He didn't want to just straight up say what he was thinking, but he knew, back then, that the look in Jeongin's eyes wasn't just pure shock from being collided with. There was deep, long-lasting loneliness and longing in those big, nervous eyes that matched with Seungmin's perfectly. He couldn't have been wrong about that. He knew he saw it, plain as day. But that was a bit too poetic for him to say out loud— he was trying to be a bad bitch, after all. He couldn't ruin his reputation, not entirely.

   "Alright. How 'bout... if you can, you tell me what happened to your family, and then hopefully by then I'll have figured out a way to explain what I mean. That sound okay?"

    Jeongin nodded. Thankfully, the tears were finally stopping, and Seungmin hoped that this time would be the last that Jeongin would swipe his knuckle over his eyes, because they were already awfully chafed. The boy's cheek left Seungmin's shoulder as he sat up a little straighter and cleared his throat.

   "I just want you to know... I've never told anyone this before."

are y'all excited about this or are you ready to go back to normal already lol