• ending things. •

JACK POV———
"Can you just drop me off at my house, please?" I ask him. I know I am ruining his reputation, a popular school footballer hanging out with a gay nerd? I'm not gonna be the reason he's "unpopular". I grab my bag and walk to his car, sitting in the passenger seat quickly. I see Luke from the window get up from his seat and go to the car, quickly sitting down. "What's wrong?" He asks me worried. "Just bring me home please." I fake a smile. He starts the car and puts his hand on my thigh before leaving the parking lot. God I hate this. I really, really love him but I can't be the reason his life turns into a living hell like mine.
He pulls up to my house,
"Luke?"
"What's up?"
"I think we should.. stop seeing eachother." Without waiting for a response or anything else, I quickly got out of the car and ran towards my front door, as I close it I see him staring at the steering wheel. I slip off my shoes and run into my room, i plopped down on my bed and started crying into a pillow. God. I hate myself. I get up and slip on pajamas. It was about 6:42 pm, but I couldn't get myself to do anything. I scroll on my phone until my eyes get heavy. My mind becomes filled with thoughts as I remember we have almost all classes together. God. God. God. dammit. I go onto Twitter to check my "for you" and scrolled for a few hours. My room begins to get filled with light, I check the time. School starts in 30 minutes. What the hell? I didn't get any sleep! I rush off my bed and almost trip on a pillow that I knocked off the bed. I grab a random turtleneck and again some jeans. I grab all my school stuff and put socks on. I rush downstairs and start the coffee machine, slipping on my black boots and my black jacket. I grab the coffee cup and put a lid on it before running out of my house. Class starts in 3 minutes and I live 8 minutes away. I've never been late to school. I run as fast as I can but still get into school late. I run to my locker and grab my stuff. I walk into class and the room goes quiet, everyone turns to look at me. Including Luke. He looks worried. I'm fine, I was just late once. I sit down with all my stuff and drink a bit of my coffee as the teacher continues with the lesson. I sit across the room from Luke but I can feel has eyes staring at me. I continue working on whatever we started. The bell rings and I start collecting my stuff, i feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around. It was luke, "can we talk?" I heard him say as I turn back around and head out the classroom. The whole day I ignore him, I seriously can't ruin his life just because of stupid sex. I hide out in the bathroom during lunch, eating my lunch in a stall. After school I head home, continuously checking my phone for a text. I never receive one. When I walk inside my dad runs up to me, "So? How was your date last night?" He smiles.
"It wasn't a date." I mumble as I unzip my boots. "Mhmh.. whatever you say... Anyways, mom wanted me to tell you we are having spaghetti for dinner." He begins to walk off. I walk upstairs and work on homework until my parents called me for dinner. I ate it and walked back upstairs and watched Netflix until it got dark outside. I go downstairs to get water and expect my parents down there, but they aren't. I check the garage and their car isn't even there. They just left me in the middle of the night? To go where?
I grab a cup of water and head back upstairs. I grab a few books to read before I slept. I grabbed a candle and lit it, turning off my lights. I grab a vinyl out of my collection and picked out my "Arctic Monkeys" album and the first song that played was "do I wanna know?" I play it as I sit down. I start reading my book until I heard a tap at my window.

-
NOTE:
sorry for such a short chapterrrrr😭 I honestly ran out of ideas for this chapter and already have more ideas for the next chapter, anyways. Yes. Arctic Monkeys. Get over it. SHAKE MY HEAD!!! ok good night bye bye bye
-
wordcount: 800