• new boy. •

——JACK POV
I wake up in my bed.
I open my blinds to let some light in as I change. I grab a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt. I tuck the t-shirt into the jeans and it did that cute loop thing. I put a matching black belt on and put a little chain through it. I grab my school stuff and leave my house. I walk to school and go to my locker as normal. I sit down in class. Luke's not there. The bell rings and he's still not here, I guess he's absent. I sit near the front, this is where I normally sat before Luke. The teacher starts talking and the door slams open.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Mr. Pine!"
I hear a unfamiliar voice yell. I look up and see someone I've never seen before. He had black hair, or possibly dark brown hair. He was wearing black ripped jeans with a blackish hoodie.
"Not the best way to start your first day, eh? Im just kidding. It's alright, finding classes around here is always hard. I've been working here for about 6 years and I still get lost sometimes." Mr. Pine said as he looked up from his computer, "introduce yourself."

The new kid stands in-front of the class,

"Hello, I'm leo. My parents had to move since my dad got like... a job here, I guess. Uh, shit.. I don't know. Guess I'm just a mysterious person now I guess." Leo says as he tightens his grip on his school stuff.
"Everyone loves a mystery. You can sit.... Anywhere that's open." My teacher said as he looks back at his computer.
There's a open seat besides me, and one besides the football group.

He sits besides me.

"Hello, I'm Leo. If you didn't hear my amazing speech." He smiles.
"I'm jack, and yes I heard your speech. It was definitely.. something." I laugh.
"So.. what are we doing?" He asks.
"Here, I'll show you." I push my desk a bit towards him and tilt my computer.
Throughout the whole class we worked together, since I had to lead him through what we were doing. He sometimes got distracted by me, like my hair. He's just like Luke.
The bell rings. I begin grabbing my stuff and he taps my shoulder.
"Hey, is it fine if I get your number? For assistance." He asks as he puts his phone on my desk .
"For sure! Here.." I grab his phone and type in my number, handing it back when I was done.
We smile at each other as we walk out of the classroom, parting ways. I go to my locker and islya comes up from behinds me and slams it closed. I jump a bit, then look at her in confusion.
"Jack. What the hell was that?" She asks in a serious tone.
"What? What was what?" I ask back in a confused voice.
"If you need a reminder, you have a boyfriend. That you just had sex with like.. 2 nights ago."
I look at her confused, "I don't like Leo! We literally just met today, and I love luke."
"Yeah.. you should tell that to Leo. I saw the way you two were looking at eachother. He definitely has something for you." She rolled her eyes.
"I don't like Leo." I say as I slam my locker shut. I walk away from her and go into my next class. To think that she thought I liked Leo, kinda grossed me out..

But does he have something for me?

A few hours went past and I still thought about it.
As I grab my lunch I get a text from Leo. He asks me if he can eat with me. I agree and tell him to meet me outside.
A few minutes pass and he sits down Infront of me.
"Hello there Jack, how are you?" He asks with a soft smile on his face.
"I'm feeling great, how about you?" I smile back.
"Good, I'm good aswell. Do you have your schedule on you?" He asks. I check my folder and pull it out, handing it to him. He observes it.
"Oh, nice! We have our last hour together!"
"Oo! Nice! Anyways, how has school been so far?" I ask.
"Good! I didn't expect so many girls asking for my number, but that's always a plus." He laughs.
His laugh sounds so cute.
We eat our lunch and chat, then the bell rings.
"I'll see you in 6th hour!" He says as he walks away, waving. My face turns pink as he walks away.
All of the classes were normal, besides luke wasn't there.
I enter 6th hour and he sits besides me. We work together the whole hour. He still got distracted by me, but I also got distracted by him. As we were working I got a text from Luke, saying he was sick. It's Thursday so that would mean I probably couldn't see him for until Monday.

"Who's that?" Leo asks me in a confused tone.
I put my phone back in my pocket.

"My friend."

——
words: 865