Chapter 62: Misunderstanding

Spirit Master Ying Chen was the founder of Splendid Cloud Sect. These words were to tell him that Splendid Cloud Sect had merpeople scales but did not want to give them to him? A few years ago, he wrote to the big sects seeking merpeople scales, and all the replies he received were negative.

The paper was ordinary, and could be bought in many places in Lingyou World. The writing was neat and void of individuality. The secret-teller did not dare to expose their identity. This meant that person was someone whom Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect knew, and also someone who knew the fact that he had once asked for merpeople scales.

A member of the ten sects?

Jin Yue quickly rejected this speculation. Right now, the evil cultivators were restless. The ten sects could only defend against the evil cultivators by being united. Even if they knew Splendid Cloud Sect had merpeople scales and would not give them, they would only block this. Privately, they would urge Heng Yan to change his decision, but would absolutely not tell secrets in this manner.

Could it be evil cultivators who were trying to sow discord?

“How dare they!” Jin Yue slapped the paper onto the table. “The evil cultivators are outrageous!”

Was Radiance Sect such an unreasonable sect in the eyes of the evil cultivators? How valuable were the merpeople scales? If Splendid Cloud Sect was willing to give them, that was good fortune. If they were not, it was human nature. Would they hate Splendid Cloud Sect due to this?

Also, Path Friend Heng Yan was not one to see someone in danger and do nothing. He had given the merpeople scales secretly to Radiance Sect without even demanding anything in return. Splendid Cloud Sect was so noble and generous, yet people schemed against them in secret. How could he ignore this?!

“Spread this order: investigate where the evil cultivators are hiding, and advertise how the evil cultivators are sowing discord, so that the cultivators and common people are on guard.” The paper turned to dust in Jin Yue’s hands but he did not feel any better. Anyone who was flesh and blood could not ignore this matter.

He had originally planned to go into seclusion to increase his cultivation. But now it appeared he could not do that in the short term. His cultivation could be postponed for a while, but the actions of the evil cultivators could not be tolerated. Today, these evil cultivators could be trying to break the relationship between Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect. Tomorrow, they could do so to other sects.

The evil cultivators were really rats who hid in the gutters and could not be seen in the daylight. They only knew such lowly tactics.

Song He had just finished teaching swordsmanship to the inner sect disciples. As he walked back to his cave residence, he saw an apprentice hurriedly come out of the main hall. He thought something had happened and asked, “What happened?”

“Grand Shishu.” The apprentice bowed and said, “The sect master has just ordered we have to advertise the lowly tactics of the evil cultivators, so that the other cultivators and the common people will know of them and pay attention to their own safety.”

“It is good for everyone to be alert.” Song He was puzzled inside. A few days ago, the sect master said for them to be careful in their conduct—why had he suddenly changed his decision? In reality, he agreed with this latter method. Being low-key and concealing the matter was worse than having the people and the cultivators learn of the truth and prepare.

The common people were having good lives—who desired for the evil cultivators to destroy that?

Some people looked down on ordinary people and on cultivators without good talent, but they forgot that these people constituted the majority of Lingyou World. The power of the masses was unimaginable sometimes.